Anybody got this phone? Lenovo A850

Discussion in 'Android' started by ilman, Oct 25, 2013.

1. ilman
    OP

ilman Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser

Jul 25, 2010
    Shibuya
    I've been wanting to get a new phone (old one being an LG O2x that can't even run DraStic) for a couple of months now and I've been searching for something powerful, yet somewhat cheap(like, 200 pounds max).

So, today I found this phone and thought it was a very good deal: quad-core CPU, 1GB of RAM(as opposed to the puny 300 megs I had before) and a big 5.5 inch screen for 150 quid.
    But, you know what put me off? There wasn't a single indepth review of the thing anywhere I searched.
    Which striked me as odd, since Lenovo is quite a high-quality company in my opinion (my laptop being a Lenovo Y580 and it's been running everything I throw at it without a hinch for over a year).
    So, I decided to ask around, which led me here, since I know how many Android fans there are around these parts.

What I'm most interested is battery, performance and if it overheats. (which my current phone does a lot :angry: )

Thanks in advance for all replies.

2. Thanatos Telos

Thanatos Telos random stuff

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    That resolution will look pretty shitty on such a big screen. Will update if I find more info.

3. ilman
    OP

Jul 25, 2010
    Shibuya
    Thanks for the reply.
    Personally, I don't care about the resolution.
    I can bear with the 3DS XL's 400x240 with a similar screen size, so that won't be an issue. :lol:

4. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    Even though its sounds good on paper, they cut corners to save money
    It only comes 4GB internal memory, which is very measly compared to the standard 16GB
    The screen res is some what low for the screen size, not even HD, ppi is decent though,
    Even though it is a quad core, its using a low power cortex A7 (A9 is the standard and is moving to A15) and also the bit.little architecture

5. ShawnTRods

ShawnTRods GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 26, 2011
    London
    Sold by priceangels lol. I think that might be the www.priceangels.com

A lot of chinese retailers, sellers make amazon and ebay account, most of them even lie about the items location.
    A budget phone.. I would wait for Nexus 5. Should be around £210
    Pay that 50 extra and get an amazing phone!

6. ilman
    OP

Jul 25, 2010
    Shibuya
    Umm, it seems like the Nexus 5 will cost 350$ in the US. Considering how much they overprice electronics here, it's more likely to cost 300 quid than 200. And that's double the price of the Lenovo.
    Ehh, since the Lenovo's processor doesn't seem as good as I though (thanks, Joe88), I guess I might save up.

If anybody has anythng to share about the A850, please do.

7. Chocolina

Chocolina GBAtemp Fan

May 28, 2012
    United States
    I guess I really dont understand quid, but would double 200 quid be 400 quid and not 300?

8. Chocolina

Chocolina GBAtemp Fan

May 28, 2012
    United States
    Also if you're still looking for abetter phone, look for something used on US eBay that ships internationally. LG Optimus G, with a quad core S4 Pr, 2GB rad, a great GPU, and 32GB of storage sells for like $130-$170 since Nex5 was announced. It was $220-$260 2 months ago, and worth double that when it was new last year.