Hacking Anybody good with editing Layout files?

HelpTheWretched

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been working on a ROM hack for a while and I'm a bit stuck with Layout files. It's actually a 3DS game, but for some reason it uses files with the extensions BFLYT, BFLAN, and BFLIM which are typical of Wii U games. They don't seem to completely match the structure that's documented on some Wikis either.

But! That doesn't mean we can't figure things out - we just need to know what to be looking for.

Here's the 3DS thread where I asked for help and described the issues:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/help-completing-my-tri-force-heroes-patch.475632/

And I've attached a few Layout and Layout Animation files to this thread.

If anybody is willing to take a look at these files in a hex editor, or any other program that might be able to view them, I believe these files are related to the 3 coloured touchscreen panels seen in a multiplayer game. The related images are called course_player_base00.bflim and course_player_base01.bflim. What I'm looking for are colour values that would display these (or other images) in green, blue, or red. I'm not sure where they'd be located, or in what format, ie. RGBA, floating-point integers, or what. I'm also not sure if the colours are "pure" (as in #00FF00 for green), but they appear to at least be pretty close to pure in the game.

If any experts could help figure this out, I'd probably be able to do the rest of the Layout files myself. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• TFH_Layouts.zip
    6.2 KB · Views: 186

HelpTheWretched

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello there. It's been about 2 weeks with no response, so I thought I'd bump.

I don't necessarily need somebody to edit the files for me, just point me to where I might find values corresponding to colours. Specifically; solid green, solid red, and solid blue (relating to the three Links in Tri Force Heroes).

HelpTheWretched

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why won't 3DS experts help you? It's 3DS game afterall.
I've been asking for quite a while. The file formats are not typical 3DS files though. Their extensions are Wii U and the structure is... I dunno. I'm hoping someone can make sense of them and locate any colour values.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill