Hacking Anybody else likes vWii more than actual Wii U??

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Nah doesn't need to be wired connected at all unless you need to charge it while using it.

as far as your ratio issue goes, check out the following from Cyan, one of the moderators here

If it's the HBC ratio issue, you have few choices:

- run HBC -> launches in 4:3 -> Run Ratio fixer homebrew -> back to HBC in 16:9 -> Launch your homebrew
- Install the HBC forwarder from Joostin -> run the forwarder -> reloads HBC in 16:9 -> Launch your homebrew
- Install a forwarder for your homebrew which its TitleID doesn't start with E, F, J, L, M, N, P, Q and maybe X. (USBLoaderGX forwarder should be fine, it's starting with "U")

If it's not the HBC ratio issue, it might be a real USBLoaderGX issue (as reported by other users).
Force aspect ratio setting doesn't work correctly with some games (especially on vWii?)
I think it works fine with Wiiflow, you might want to use wiiflow to launch these problematic games.

from https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-games-have-4-3-aspect-ration-on-vwii-on-wii-u.364703/

awesome thank you so much, i believe my HBC is not FUllscreen it is just almost fullscreen.
i noticed it just recently..

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awesome thank you so much, i believe my HBC is not FUllscreen it is just almost fullscreen.
i noticed it just recently..

You're welcome, I had the same issue myself, I use one of joostin's forwarders and was searching for the link when I found cyan's post that gives a few more options.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
You're welcome, I had the same issue myself, I use one of joostin's forwarders and was searching for the link when I found cyan's post that gives a few more options.

here's the thing, vwii shows almost Fullscreen.
i got something wrong, it was only HBC that would show 4;3 letterbox.

WiiFlow/UsbloaderGX/Nintendont most go Fullscreen (just loading Wii games do not go Fullscreen, NGC works with Nintendont on FUllscreen brilliantly !)

so i will read the site you gave me hopefully i get it working soon, i use SD card to load my wii/ngc games from so only Wiiflow works for SD wii games.

Mark McDonut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here's the thing, vwii shows almost Fullscreen.
i got something wrong, it was only HBC that would show 4;3 letterbox.

WiiFlow/UsbloaderGX/Nintendont most go Fullscreen (just loading Wii games do not go Fullscreen, NGC works with Nintendont on FUllscreen brilliantly !)

so i will read the site you gave me hopefully i get it working soon, i use SD card to load my wii/ngc games from so only Wiiflow works for SD wii games.

try launching wiiflow though the hbc after using one of the above fixes.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
try launching wiiflow though the hbc after using one of the above fixes.

i did try, but still no fullscreen.
i even have under the wii game settings ratio 'force 16:9' , video mode for it i have it set to system.

and under wiiflow settings i only see video mode and i have that set to system, i do not see main settings for ration under the WiiFlow settings.
only under wii game settings

Mark McDonut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i even have under the wii game settings ratio 'force 16:9' , video mode for it i have it set to system.

and under wiiflow settings i only see video mode and i have that set to system, i do not see main settings for ration under the WiiFlow settings.

Hmm.... if you're loading from SD, configurable usb loader is an option, i had a lot of issues with wiiflow myself that i didn't feel like resolving.

D

Deleted User

In my case i treat Wii U as a multimedia thingy rather than console.
I watch* anime, movies and listen to music on it. Never bothered with vWii since i don't want to spend 230 in my currency to get WiiMote plus.

*Brainfart

AutumnWolf

JRPG enjoyer, Xenoblade, YS and DQ connoisseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Mmm... I still use my Wii U's Wii U mode a lot, I just "completed" Xenoblade X and I still play Splatoon and MK8 quite a lot... also I'm about to finish TLOZ:TP again and I'm planning to buy an External Device to install more games... (to install Nintendo land, Watchdogs, Batman, Game and Wario, BOTW and some of the LEGO games)

But yes, the wii was a lot of fun :)

Last edited by AutumnWolf,
Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Hmm.... if you're loading from SD, configurable usb loader is an option, i had a lot of issues with wiiflow myself that i didn't feel like resolving.

cfg loader only shows my NGC games , not my wii ones :l

i have both NGC and Wii titeld ID [gameID] stored in a folder on root of my SD titled as games.

so like SD: games/NGC title [ngc titleID]/game.iso for NGC games.
SD: games/Wii title [wii titleID]/WiiTitleID.wbfs

but cfg only shows my NGC games, i go to the filter option and select Display all/Display Wii but no dice.
it only shows NGC games. Note: i use a modded version of CFG as the original one does not work when you have a WiiU HDD plugged in (i have a HDD plugged in for my WiiU USB games).

Mmm... I still use my Wii U's Wii U mode a lot, I just "completed" Xenoblade X and I still play Splatoon and MK8 quite a lot... also I'm about to finish TLOZ:TP again and I'm planning to buy an External Device to install more games... (to install Nintendo land, Watchdogs, Batman, Game and Wario, BOTW and some of the LEGO games)

how much did it take you to finish Xeno? that game is hella long isnt it, and how is the pace of the game? i barely played 30minutes and the world is so huge.
i hope there is no lack of direction? as in knowing what to do next etc.

i still have yet to get more into that game, great title.

AutumnWolf

JRPG enjoyer, Xenoblade, YS and DQ connoisseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
cfg loader only shows my NGC games , not my wii ones :l

i have both NGC and Wii titeld ID [gameID] stored in a folder on root of my SD titled as games.

so like SD: games/NGC title [ngc titleID]/game.iso for NGC games.
SD: games/Wii title [wii titleID]/WiiTitleID.wbfs

but cfg only shows my NGC games, i go to the filter option and select Display all/Display Wii but no dice.
it only shows NGC games. Note: i use a modded version of CFG as the original one does not work when you have a WiiU HDD plugged in (i have a HDD plugged in for my WiiU USB games).

how much did it take you to finish Xeno? that game is hella long isnt it, and how is the pace of the game? i barely played 30minutes and the world is so huge.
i hope there is no lack of direction? as in knowing what to do next etc.

i still have yet to get more into that game, great title.
took me 70 hours... and I'm not at 100% yet ^_^

The game world becomes smaller when you get a skell + the fly module

difficulty wise the game's ok

The game is very long, yes and there are many many missions

as for the lack of direction... emmm... you MUST know where some characters go when they are not on your team... because sometimes you need specific members in your team

Last edited by AutumnWolf, , Reason: derp

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm thanks, i will look it up now , i am afraid it is because of SD card, so i was thinking of trying to load the games off an HDD.
but by having it as a channel, i already do mate.

i have wiiflow in the menu of my vwii, i installed it some long while ago, i always start it from there, my vwii shows 16:9 , the vwii menu is fullscreen already, it is just the games that struggle going fullscreen.

i also have that mod pack you speak of, but i deleted most of its content as i do not need it.

Hmmm....that is strange as I use Nintendont and with the same settings and it pushes everything to 16x9. Sometimes a game just chokes on it and has glitch effects but I have played a lot of stuff and it largely works. Lately I have been using the HBLtoHBC app which takes you from WiiU homebrew right into vWii homebrew. Then I launch Nintendont and score.

I wonder if it has something to do with your TV? I assume you are using HDMI from the wiiU and not some alternate cable? Does the aspect button on your control do anything? It is definitely a situation with your setup or configuration as Nintendont on WiiU generally forces 16x9 when told.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No good games you say?
TMSxFE?
Xenoblade Chronicles X?
Pokkén Tournament/Pokémon Tekken?
Super Mario 3D World?
New Super Mario Bros. U?
Super Mario Maker?
Smash Bros.?
Zombi U?

Because the Wii U doesn't have the games you want it doesn't mean that the system hasn't got any good games

Super Mario 3D World was a letdown IMHO. Smash Bros and Mario Kart are my two most played games.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Hmmm....that is strange as I use Nintendont and with the same settings and it pushes everything to 16x9. Sometimes a game just chokes on it and has glitch effects but I have played a lot of stuff and it largely works. Lately I have been using the HBLtoHBC app which takes you from WiiU homebrew right into vWii homebrew. Then I launch Nintendont and score.

I wonder if it has something to do with your TV? I assume you are using HDMI from the wiiU and not some alternate cable? Does the aspect button on your control do anything? It is definitely a situation with your setup or configuration as Nintendont on WiiU generally forces 16x9 when told.

actually i got nintendont to work , i just went into settings and changed the ration of the Nintendont application itself, and then bam all the ngc games go fullscreen!

now i only have trouble getting wii games fullscreen, it is werid as DQSwords for example has bigger black bars over game such as Fire emlem, fire emblem and skyward sword both of them take nearly the fullscreen.

especially skyward sword, it goes nearly fullscreen, so i think it is because of the game i am trying.

but Metroid Prime as well has big black bars , and it is uncool.

i wish there were more apps that could load wii games from SD card, so far only wiiflow does that.

D

Deleted User

I only use vWii for Nintendont. All of the original Wii games that are actually worth playing are downloadable from the eshop.

Last edited by ,

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
c7NJRa2.gif

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

as for the lack of direction... emmm... you MUST know where some characters go when they are not on your team... because sometimes you need specific members in your team
Real gamer girl right here. :D

Maybe there is something with the settings, wasn't there a homebrew app to change settings the wii u locks out from users? There should be a app to use that can alter settings since vwii has no access to them, maybe find that app and check it out. (Is safe so don' worry.) I think maybe MMM can check some status of the system settings as well.

Reactions: AutumnWolf

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
I started playing Xenogears in 2012...still havent finished it to this day T.T

If the talk is about Xeno, I still havent finished that damn game and Ive been playing on and off since 2012...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you feed the hamster in your internet router? It prob died and is running slow now.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why did you start saying my pc has a hamster in the first place?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its actua!ly just a old joke, meaning its slow. Was just kidding around with you.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet @AncientBoi has some hamsters hidden somewhere tho....
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think Game streaming should work like this.... Local Hardware able the run the game fine, game engine and common assets stored locally, all FMV and music and textures could be streaming
    +1
    Some temporary storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also @BigOnYa im making some progress on my gdevelop project, implemented various mechanics
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol McDonald's has a grandma mcflurry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, furry grandma?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It sounds good actually, I like butterscotch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It sucked don't know wtf these little bits and pieces are they use now
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It sucked don't know wtf these little bits and pieces are they use now