Wii games have 4:3 aspect ration on vWii on Wii U

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Vampir, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Vampir
    OP

Vampir Member

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2009
    Slovenia
    I am trying to display Wii games on Wii U run by USB Loader GX to run in 16:9 ratio. I picked the option "force 16:9" but it doesn't help.

Any ideas?

2. JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    Does GX run in 4:3?

3. mikeyt1998

mikeyt1998 YouTube Glitcher

Aug 11, 2007
    Dalton-in-furness, north west
    I had this problem at one point, after some research I found out it was the homebrew channel itself that caused the 4:3, everything i used through the hbc was 4:3.

I found a thread via Google that was distributing the 16:9 aspect ratio one and everything works great, can't remember where it was though sorry! I'll try have a quick look now for you

EDIT: found out it was Jooatin that made the fix for HBC so he'll be more helpful than me :P

4. laudern

laudern GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 14, 2010
    Rural Queensland
    I thought that if you opened GX through HB it would be in 4:3, but if you opened GX through a forwarder it would be 16:9....Or am I mistaken?

5. Obveron

Obveron GBAtemp Fan

Jul 5, 2010
    Canada
    That is the case, and it's been well documented here. You need to use a forwarder.

6. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    If it's the HBC ratio issue, you have few choices:

- run HBC -> launches in 4:3 -> Run Ratio fixer homebrew -> back to HBC in 16:9 -> Launch your homebrew
    - Install the HBC forwarder from Joostin -> run the forwarder -> reloads HBC in 16:9 -> Launch your homebrew
    - Install a forwarder for your homebrew which its TitleID doesn't start with E, F, J, L, M, N, P, Q and maybe X. (USBLoaderGX forwarder should be fine, it's starting with "U")
    edit 2017 : install HBC v1.3 open source version, it has a fix included. though, some homebrew might not work correctly anymore (return to HBC could be an issue)

If it's not the HBC ratio issue, it might be a real USBLoaderGX issue (as reported by other users).
    Force aspect ratio setting doesn't work correctly with some games (especially on vWii?)
    I think it works fine with Wiiflow, you might want to use wiiflow to launch these problematic games.

Last edited by Cyan, Feb 4, 2017
    d12unk13astard and NotHere like this.
  7. Ericzander

Ericzander I used hax to get yellow name

pip Reporter
    Feb 28, 2014
    United States
    Grand Line
    Like others have said, it's an issue with HBC running in 4:3 mode.

I made a video showing people how to install channel forwarders on their Wii U's and it just so happens that the example that I use in the video is how to get the 16:9 HBC Forwarder. So if you don't know how to install forwarders already, you might wanna give it a watch.

Otherwise, do what Cyan said and install Joostin's HBC forwarder if you already know how.

How to Install Channel Forwarders on vWii (With Voice) [1080p HD]