Hacking Question Anybody bricked with the fake sx payload?

Status
Not open for further replies.

longxa762

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Funny how people are worried about SX OS bricking their console then they are willing to run an unknown payload from a new account to get bricked.

At least now you can sell the joycons and get a new Switch then use the bricked Switch as a $400 paperweight

Reactions: Kukielka

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You are 16, you are not ''a kid'', and also you are smart enough (apparently) to not fall for this stupid shit, if someone wants to pirate games without waiting for the free option, then don't be stupid and use cracked code with no official release of anyone trust worthy at least
A 16 years old is a kid. Personally, I would say most 30 years old are still kids in this era, but that may be just IMHO.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
people who made the payload didn’t forced anyone to install it. So, I buy a car and decide to install a performance chip and in the process the chip blows up my engine. It’s my fault for wanting to be cheap and messing with the engine
But the payload was created because they wanted people to install it. They disguised it as SX code to make it as appealing as possible in order to encourage people to take the bait. To suggest they have no responsibility here is a nonsense.

If they called it 'better_not_install_this.bin' then you might have a point.

Reactions: sarkwalvein

DaveLister

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Don't Boot Dat.

Attachments

• switch-lsx-os-de-la-team-xecuter-hacke.jpg
    switch-lsx-os-de-la-team-xecuter-hacke.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 263

jimmyj

Official founder of altariaism. Copyright jimmyj
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
has there been a fix? I'm not bricked but I don't want other people to be bricked.

DaveLister

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
With All the Reinx nsp stuff im sure this will happen again . No Nand backup then please exit stage left.
Just waiting on the Next TX OS update to remove all that devmenu Nostril hair pulling excercise via your big toe nail.

emilio546

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Seeing that many people saying these bricks were deserved really disgusts me.

What kind of world do we live in?

We know most people, I'd even say nearly every single person that bought SX OS are illegaly downloading games online or from Nintendo's CDN.
People that pirate games are likely to do so because they want to save money, just like people that are looking for a cracked SX OS.
I wish we could find a solution for them because yes I would be very VERY pissed if my Switch got bricked this way. Maybe you should consider to stop being hypocrites and feel empathy for others instead of hating on them because they tried to get something YOU bought to get free games, for free.

I'm sorry you're going through this OP, I can't help you but I truly hope someone can figure a way to fix this.
the people trying to use a pirated software to run pirated games are at another level of "cheap scum" lol, you are just not willing to pay for the games but ALSO not willing to pay for the software that will allow you to not pay for games. It would make sense if this people just waited for the free option, but no, they are just not cheap BUT stupid, willing to risk their $300 console, with that mentality you are not saving money, you are just being cheap and dumb

Reactions: DarthDub

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the people trying to use a pirated software to run pirated games are at another level of "cheap scum" lol, you are just not willing to pay for the games but ALSO not willing to pay for the software that will allow you to not pay for games. It would make sense if this people just waited for the free option, but no, they are just not cheap BUT stupid, willing to risk their $300 console, with that mentality you are not saving money, you are just being cheap and dumb
Victim shaming! Congrats! You are a beautiful entity of this society and the hope of our future! /s

emilio546

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
The only people saying they deserve it are people owning sxos or a pro so it all comes to buyer justification again and defending their purchase, you people make me sick.
Anyway for the people who were affected, hope you'll all get it fixed one way or another cause a console brick of that amount of money is never fun.
I would totally be on your side if this wasnt because the people who download this was being stupid, so apparently paying $30 is too much and no one should do it, but bricking your $300 console for free is good, because was free right? if you "dont have the money" and you got the switch by some kind of miracle or foundation, then dont be stupid and risk it, now apparently $30 is more than $300

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Poor analogy. Guns have many purposes, of which 'killing' is merely one potential usage.

Brick code is intended to brick consoles, it has no other usage.
you maybe would understand it if he said, "guns don't kill people by itself" this brickcode was an option, and people chose

Reactions: DarthDub

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I would totally be on your side if this wasnt because the people who download this was being stupid, so apparently paying $30 is too much and no one should do it, but bricking your $300 console for free is good, because was free right? if you "dont have the money" and you got the switch by some kind of miracle or foundation, then dont be stupid and risk it, now apparently $30 is more than $300

you maybe would understand it if he said, "guns don't kill people by itself" this brickcode was an option, and people chose
You realize that one of the more vocal persons that got bricked, one that has posted several times in this thread, actually owns an SX OS license and was just trying this due to curiosity?
You should drop that nonsense about "trying to be cheap" and "save $30" because it only show you didn't even read the thread and relegates your posts to the dumbest type of trolling.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wish people who hadn't seen the original thread would just shut it, really. The file was packed with SX OS files, there were other users confirming that it worked, even posting "proof" pictures - it was elaborately made to trick people into thinking it works, to make them brick. It was not just a random payload posted without explanation, it was staged to make people fall for it, to deliberately make them brick.

You realize that one of the more vocal persons that got bricked, one that has posted several times in this thread, actually owns an SX OS license and was just trying this due to curiosity?
You should drop that nonsense about "trying to be cheap" and "save $30" because it only show you didn't even read the thread and relegates your posts to the dumbest type of trolling.
That would be me.
I also have to get another SX OS license now, since it can't be transferred from the bricked console.
It's all fine and dandy, since I may even get the unit replaced and thus only lose a few bucks, but coming here and pointing out again and again and again that people deserve the brick is not helping, it's just assface behavior.

Last edited by wurstpistole,

emilio546

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Nope, it sure isn't the fault of the car maker. But if the chip maker stated the function of the chip was to improve performance, when actually that function didn't exist in the chip at all but it was only built to make your engine blow and nothing else, then sure the chip maker is to blame.
It is their fault for selling a product under false advertising, and you will have a case against the chip maker.
he didnt make a good analogy, the perfect way to put it would be like if there was a chip sold by people who are known and trust in the market that was $30 to improve the performance of your $300 car, but you are cheap and stupid and decide to go for the chip that someone in an ally is offering to you for free, they just tell you its the same but free, and you dont ask any questions to yourself of why would this unknown person is giving away this free chip in an alley, you just took it and decide to install it, and oh! surprise, your $300 car is fucked and the shady guy is laughing at you

Reactions: DarthDub and DeuX

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

I didn't say it was good in any way whatsoever but the responses on here by most people are just disgusting and that is what I was calling out. They've made a mistake, no need to rub it in their faces like most are doing here and try to help instead in a technical or comforting way. Behaviour like this yeah makes me sick. There is literally no need for it and the ones I see it doing are SXOS users mostly so to me it is buyers justification all over again

Last edited by kumikochan,

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
he didnt make a good analogy, the perfect way to put it would be like if there was a chip sold by people who are known and trust in the market that was $30 to improve the performance of your $300 car, but you are cheap and stupid and decide to go for the chip that someone in an ally is offering to you for free, they just tell you its the same but free, and you dont ask any questions to yourself of why would this unknown person is giving away this free chip in an alley, you just took it and decide to install it, and oh! surprise, your $300 car is fucked and the shady guy is laughing at you
Sure naivety and negligence makes you vulnerable, but don't shift the blame from the real perpetrator!
I feel like I'm repeating myself. Sure being naive is oneself's fault. That doesn't make the shady guy that "laughs" any less guilty of the act, and shifting the blame is something only a nonsensical person would do.

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
imo, this thread needs to be locked, considering it is just a bunch of people debating if the people who ran it are at fault. 15 pages in, this isnt ending any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nearly 4 hours without power :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    SO POWERLESS
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell Kanye I need power
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Better start running in your hamster wheel
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Meth addicts on a treadmill connected to a generator "Unlimited POWER!!!'
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before or after a hit?
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay