Hacking Any word Smealum's Homebrew Exploit coming out now that new 3DS is out in japan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
I honestly think that he should push it back all the way to the American release. I mean, we're already waiting. If he were to put it out now, what's stopping Nintendo from figuring out the cause and then patching it right away and bundle all of the American New 3DS's with the updated firmware?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
It almost seems like you don't want him to release it :creep:
dont worry i joking....i forgot the tags though....personally i would love him to release it, it would at least put an end to all the "homebrew is being held hostage by expensive little cards!!!" posts

I honestly think that he should push it back all the way to the American release. I mean, we're already waiting. If he were to put it out now, what's stopping Nintendo from figuring out the cause and then patching it right away and bundle all of the American New 3DS's with the updated firmware?
i would say the same thing, but people got so upset with the last delay....i don't think people like waiting very much

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Because that might not be till June of 2015 and not all of us have the wonderful virtue of patience. He isn't gonna delay it for the US release. That would be asinine, it's going to be patched one way or another, but, not everyone wants a N3DS.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
with the other explot that someone has that works on 7.x, it would be an interesting compromise if smealum and that dev could release that as a stopgap untill US/EU new 3ds release date

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Do not make me laugh ! It would be released a month ago... The exploit is already done.
What good is a barebones exploit with no sensible framework around it? The Wii's Homebrew Channel was meticulously created by several devs, smealum's only one guy. On top of that, the Wii could just use libogc, the 3DS can't use bog standard libnds. There's a lot to do to make homebrew viable on the platform.

Rinnux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
with the other explot that someone has that works on 7.x, it would be an interesting compromise if smealum and that dev could release that as a stopgap untill US/EU new 3ds release date
Wait when did this happen?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
The guy who posted the video says he isn't releasing it, so it doesn't matter. :glare:
yeah i know, but he said he was just interested in motivating smealum to release which would mean one of 2 things, either its fake and he is trolling or he just doesn't see the point as its not really useful without a homebrew launcher and smealum has that for his exploit.....whether he would release it with smealum's launcher so they can hold back ssspwn for EU/US new 3ds release, i think that would be a fairly reasonable compromise

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
People believe every shit these days sadly. Just look closer at the video of the so-called new exploit. It's very obviously fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/owEOnspRpVk?si=rEd1m4Yi0aTKvjiv