any way to install media player offline from usb or private server?

Discussion in 'PS4 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by mhayen, Dec 14, 2016.

1. mhayen
    OP

mhayen Member

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2016
    Canada
    hi there want to know 2 thing do there is a way to install media player offline and do there is a way to connect to psn without updating thx.

2. Urbanshadow

Urbanshadow GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 16, 2015
    Media player starts automatically once you put a usb with a folder named "something" (I don't remember, it was Media or something like that) and put mp3's in it. It's explained somewhere around the system menus, and in the user's manual of the ps4.

Integrated media player doesn't need psn connection.

3. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 26, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
  4. mhayen
    OP

mhayen Member

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2016
    Canada
    thanks but i know how to use media with usb from updated ps4 and media player downloaded and installed. but i have a ps4 4.00 (had 3.55 but updated 4.00 for vr last night cause next hack is supposed to work till 4.01) and i never connect to psn with this ps4 so dont have certified user and can t download media player. urban shadow what you mean by integrated media player there is one before you download the one on psn? on the firmware? if there is the case how to see my usb hard drive can t find and know the drive work i have another updated ps4 and it work on it

5. Urbanshadow

Oct 16, 2015
    I have 4.01, I don't have a psn account. The system never connected to psn. If you put a folder called "Music" into a thumb drive, and put some mp3 files in there, when you put the thumb drive into the ps4, a media player app should appear, like a game. Once you disconnect the thumb drive, the app will disappear again.

Support link: https://www.playstation.com/en-za/g...player/the-usb-music-player-on-playstation-4/

Last edited by Urbanshadow, Dec 17, 2016
    mhayen likes this.
  6. mhayen
    OP

mhayen Member

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2016
    Canada
    thanks

7. psvpwner

psvpwner GBAtemp Regular

Feb 9, 2015
    What about playing videos from a thumbdrive, though?

8. Urbanshadow

Oct 16, 2015
    I think you need psn for that, sadly.