Gaming Any way to get the Rock Band 3 online-only goals now?

maharito

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As of about a year ago, the Rock Band Wii servers shut down (I assume affecting all the older titles as well). This seems to lock you out of attaining a few otherwise easy achievements like logging onto the network, looking at RBN, playing a Harmonix Recommends setlist, and uploading your own setlist. I haven't found any cheats or save files that would allow me to get around this issue, and I don't see any discussion about making a mock server you could load into. Does anyone have any ideas about this?

EDIT: "Well Connected" might be too hard/impossible with a mock server.

Last edited by maharito,

maharito

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, well, I haven't gotten a wired adapter yet and my connection via wireless is a little spotty with this console (but I have done plenty of homebrew stuff with it regardless)--maybe I just need a better connection to get it to work. Could I please get confirmation from someone that they're able to go online with RB3 Wii?

maharito

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I got it to work. Just had to get the darn wired internet adapter already. "Well Connected" is unattainable due to rockband.com getting a revamp when RB4 released, and you can't do any online song management (it either hangs or throws a 20100 error) which I don't know if that's because of the Wii shop closure (the market if not the servers), the RB4 migration, or something else entirely. Typical corporate shenanigans, no doubt.

CaptSmirnoff77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Wii "Rock Band servers" have never been shut down:

They belong to Harmonix and are still up. Actually, even the Wii eShop is up, you just cannot purchase anything (all you can do is redownload previously downloaded titles).

I would love to find out how you can get around the error code to do this. I use USB Loader GX, which i know you can use gecko codes (i have used the fast start code, and love skipping the intro parts to get to the game play faster), but have not found anything that tells me how to solve the error code 20100 if you are saying there is a way to still get online. Any help or pointing to a link to read the answer would be awesome, I've searched and searched the net and have not had much luck. Have been wanting to get back online to play again.

Last edited by CaptSmirnoff77,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E