Hacking Question Any way to get a 3.0.0 or lower Nintendo Switch in the Netherlands?

torrentted84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I would like to know as well since I am looking too.

At least Nedgame (A shop in the Netherlands) probably doesn't have any switches with 3.0.0 or lower. This I know because I ordered one, without games or a bundle, just the Red / Blue version and it came with 3.0.1 on it.
Best bet would be some online shop which gives you a return policy but even then I don't know if it would be on or below 3.0.0 since they go rather quick.

HexZyle

Pretty Petty Pedant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Obtaining a Switch on older firmware requires purchasing a Switch that has been in stock in a store for a long period of time. This is true in all areas of the world. For this reason, populated cities and well visited stores very unlikely have any. Try rural areas or small electronics stores/supermarkets.

Review the serials in this thread and compare them with what you find on the box.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-firmware-by-serial-number.481215/

While you're there, leave the first 9 characters of your serial there and your firmware. Especially if it's above 3.0.0. Knowing which serials to avoid helps future buyers.

Last edited by HexZyle,

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
This is true in all areas of the world.
Yes, but what about the netherlands? Because, lets say I life there, and want EVERYONE to give me step by step instructions?

Here we go.

1. Find your house key, its probably somewhere underneath a couch pillow...
2. Open your house door, making sure to close it afterwards, maybe even lock it.
3. Ask your google assistant "where is best electronics store near me".
4. Walk into the direction the compass is pointing.
5. Once you've reached your destination, make sure to voice a formal "hello" at the first person you think that works there.
6. Grab your smartphone again (Its probably in your left jeans pocket. If not - try the right.)
7. Type the words "switch firmware bundle" into google. Click on the first link.
8. Compare serial numbers, or just bother the clerk to be allowed to open up a few packages and start a few Switches until you profit.
9. Make sure you still are in the netherlands. Because at least two of you are. You've confirmed that.
10. Click on some "Like" button or something.

(edit: forgot 8a. Make a youtube Video of you finding and buying your switch, and then post it in here - but only for interested people in the Netherlands. Then cross your fingers, that this will take off, and every other country will open up their own thread shortly after. Because this has nothing to do with personal service, this will be a national service, for people in the Netherlands. Including you - and the other guy.)

Also - if someone could share the guy an amazon link, that would make it more like - you know - a full service. They have one click shopping, you know? He'd not even have to look for his keys.... Also I hear they have a very liberal return policy, and only will ban you if you exploit it heavily...

Also - the google result hinted at - currently is two postings below this one. Reading is so not - what people do on their smartphones these days...

Last edited by notimp,

torrentted84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes, but what about the netherlands? Because, lets say I life there, and want EVERYONE to give me step by step instructions?

Here we go.

1. Find your house key, its probably somewhere underneath a couch pillow...
2. Open your house door, making sure to close it afterwards, maybe even lock it.
3. Ask your google assistant "where is best electronics store near me".
4. Walk into the direction the compass is pointing.
5. Once you've reached your destination, make sure to voice a formal "hello" at the first person you think that works there.
6. Grab your smartphone again (Its probably in your left jeans pocket. If not - try the right.)
7. Type the words "switch firmware bundle" into google. Click on the first link.
8. Compare serial numbers, or just bother the clerk to be allowed to open up a few packages and start a few Switches until you profit.
9. Make sure you still are in the netherlands. Because at least two of you are. You've confirmed that.
10. Click on some "Like" button or something.

(edit: forgot 8a. Make a youtube Video of you finding and buying your switch, and then post it in here - but only for interested people in the Netherlands. Then cross your fingers, that this will take off, and every other country will open up their own thread shortly after. Because this has nothing to do with personal service, this will be a national service, for people in the Netherlands. Including you - and the other guy.)

Also - if someone could share the guy an amazon link, that would make it more like - you know - a full service. They have one click shopping, you know? He'd not even have to look for his keys.... Also I hear they have a very liberal return policy, and only will ban you if you exploit it heavily...

Also - the google result hinted at - currently is two postings below this one. Reading is so not - what people do on their smartphones these days...

First of all thanks for your step by step instructions it really helped me find a local electronics store near the border so I also had to be careful not to go over the border otherwise this post means nothing when I enter Belgium.
My Google assistant even gave me the right direction so saved me a bit of fuel. Could get a second hand game with my newly obtained switch.
Too bad the sales person got annoyed after opening 7 switches to find out all of them were above 3.0.1 so I just gave up and took that one. Really left a mess over there. I would have taken photo's and a YouTube video but my Nokia 3320 didn't have the feature to do that.

You do know that Amazon only has a book service for the Netherlands and we are looking for a Switch not a Kindle. We could go to the .UK (Different Power socket), US (Import taxes and what more), DE,ES,IT (But then we are again in a different country so then the topic title isn't correct anymore so that's a NOONOO)
We could go for Ebay or Marktplaats if we are lucky and don't get scammed.

So I like B4rtj4h's post more that there are no switches with 5.0.0 in stores. And that all others are still hackable in the "Near" future

alepman90

Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure about Netherland but I’m US best bet is Toys R Us since it’s practicly dead and selling there stock

Rauliki

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If you want I could send you an email to shop in Poland that sends to EU and (had a month ago) few Switches with firmware 2.3.0. I bought 2 from them.

Bob423423

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Switch + Splatoon 2 bundle is extremely likely to be at or below 3.0.0.

The game comes as a download code, so it's even unlikely they could sell a store return this way, because the code would probably have been used.

Reactions: HexZyle

Loke

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I got mine from mediamarkt in Ede, when i bought it, there were 2 switches left with firmware 3.0. They they stack them at the media markt so it's easy to check the serial code. I bought my switch a month ago.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land