Hacking Any way to edit profile and fake link account?

bootmonster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I accomplished this with a lot of distress.

***UPDATED***

First, things I tried that didn't work:
-updating from 6.0.0 to 6.1.0. Made no difference. All my Switches were on 6.0.0, so I don't know about other firmwares.
-DevMenu account stuff. It just froze.
-copying 8000000000000010 file over with Goldleaf. Crashed instead of copying. Tried this before and after a Factory Reset (Initialization).
-backing up the system partition and using hekate to just restore that. Definitely doesn't work.
-I tried updating all my sd files and found out that SXOS 2.6/2.6.1 is incompatible for loading REINX (using SX Pro dongle).

PREPARATION
1. Update PC drivers to recognize the Switch.
>Download Zadig. Run the program. Plug the Switch in with USB C cable. Select Nintendo Switch in the first drop down box. Select libusbK (v3.0.7.0) in the box to the right of the green arrow. Then press the install button. Reset PC. Repeat the above, to make sure it installed correctly. (You don't need to reinstall if it installed correctly, but if you have to install again, reset the PC again.)
2. Get file 8000000000000010 from the files shared in this thread.
3. Get TegraRcmSmash and hacdiskmount for the PC
4. Get the following payloads: hekate_ctaer, biskeydump, memloader, REINX.

BACKUP
(cause it's easy in this process to mess up your NAND, brick your Switch, and lose all your save files)
1. Make a NAND backup (I used hekate>tools>backup>full emmc backup. I also recommend backing up Boot 0/1 also. Sometimes they are necessary to restore the NAND.)
2. Backup all of your saves with Checkpoint. Checkpoint allows you to select all multiple games for backup after pressing Y. If you skip this step your saves won't be deleted, but you will have to insert your SD card into your computer rename the save folders, adding a name at the end of each, or your game will freeze after you try to restore the save to a user. You also won't be able to easily distinguish the save of one user vs another. This will also be necessary to restore the saves of any games that have been uninstalled.
3. Note anything special about your Users so you can recreate them, because they will be deleted when you inject the new profile.

INJECT THE PROFILE
Step 1. Get your Biskeys
1a. Copy the contents of the "sample" folder from memloader to SD root
1b. Run payload biskeydump.bin, press a volume key to create device.keys.
1c. Remove the SD card, insert in PC and open the file with Notepad.
Step 2. Access your NAND by USB
2a. Enter RCM with USB C cable connected to PC.
2b. Drag and drop memloader.bin onto TegraRcmSmash.exe.
2c. On the Switch use the volume/power keys to select ums_emmc.
2d. Open hacdisckmount with administrator privileges. Select Physical Drive, it will come up as Linux UMS disk 29 GB.
Step 3. Replace 8000000000000010
3a. Select the SYSTEM partition.
3b. Enter BISKEY 2, first half in the first box, second half in the second.
(TIP: If you paste the entire key into the first box, it will cut off half way and you can see where to start copying the second half so you can paste that in the second box.)
3c. Find the mounted drive in File Explorer (A:?) and Select the Saves Folder.
3d. Find and Delete 8000000000000010.
3e. Copy the replacement file into the folder.
3f. Unmount. Close the window. File>Close.
3g. Power off Switch (hold Power for 10s).

RUN REINX
>Run payload REINX at least once (SXOS/OFW won't work until you do).
***You should now have a linked profile. You can rename it and use it as you like***

RESTORE USERS AND SAVES
>You'll have to recreate the users.
>Use Checkpoint to restore your saves.
>Run each game once with the User and you can then restore your saved game to that user. Unfortunately, each save has to be restored one at a time. If there is an easier way, please share.
>If you didn't use Checkpoint earlier, all of your saves are still there. In Checkpoint they will be assigned to an empty space user. You can back them up, add a name to the end of the folder on your computer, then restore them to a user.

RESTORE NAND OPTION FOR INJECTING THE PROFILE
If for some reason you don't want to use the USB method, you can do the much longer process of modifying your NAND dump.
1. Copy your NAND dump to your computer as a backup. (Really, don't skip this.)
2. Open hacdisckmount with administrator privileges. Select file, then find your NAND dump ON YOUR SD card.
3. Perform Step 3 above.
4. Restore the NAND backup. (With hekate, you need to move the nand backup to the root:/backup/?????/restore folder. "?????"=variable number)

TROUBLESHOOTING
If you get stuck on a black screen when you try to run REINX at the end...
You probably need to initialize your system (Factory Reset: delete all users, save data, and games)
1. Without a jig, hold down Vol + & - and power to enter Maintenance Mode. If you can't get to Maintenance Mode for some reason, restore your NAND then repeat this step.
2. Select Initialize system (the version that includes deleting users and data).
3. Turn the system on normally and go through startup and create a simple user (it will be overwritten).
4. Turn the system off and REPEAT Step 2-3 of Injecting the Profile above.

Thanks for the guide. I am currently on 7.01, and I can get as far as replacing the 800..10 file and then running REINX, but it just sits on the switch logo indefinitely, I presume because the donor profile is from 6.0? Thankfully I backed up my original file, so just replacing that was enough to unbrick my switch rather than having to restore my full nand backup.

Have you attempted to upgrade any of the consoles to 7.X, does this work do you know?

Also, would anyone be willing to provide a donor save from a 7.x console to try?

I assume I could downgrade and then try, but would much rather avoid that step if I can!

Last edited by bootmonster,

deadf1sh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for the guide. I am currently on 7.01, and I can get as far as replacing the 800..10 file and then running REINX, but it just sits on the switch logo indefinitely, I presume because the donor profile is from 6.0? Thankfully I backed up my original file, so just replacing that was enough to unbrick my switch rather than having to restore my full nand backup.
Same situation, stuck on logo on 7.0.1, i was dumb and restored only the rawnand without the boot0/1 (it worked) instead of just the save file..

I assume I could downgrade and then try, but would much rather avoid that step if I can!
This is what i did, downgraded to 6.2.0 with choixdujour, followed the tutorial again, and once it was linked, updated back to 7.0.1, it was all flawless, i still only have 2 burnt fuses :P
I now have a linked account, thanks to this guide! :)

Only problem now, i can't find how to add a friend offline in order to play wireless minecraft locally, but local stardew valley multiplayer works.

bootmonster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same situation, stuck on logo on 7.0.1, i was dumb and restored only the rawnand without the boot0/1 (it worked) instead of just the save file..

This is what i did, downgraded to 6.2.0 with choixdujour, followed the tutorial again, and once it was linked, updated back to 7.0.1, it was all flawless, i still only have 2 burnt fuses :P
I now have a linked account, thanks to this guide! :)

Only problem now, i can't find how to add a friend offline in order to play wireless minecraft locally, but local stardew valley multiplayer works.

Could you possibly do me a huge favour then and dump your current 7.01 8000..10 file?

I’ve been doing some digging and know how to extract the save using hactool. Can even set a custom icon.

I’m hoping to find a way to manually apply the flag without having to use a donor profile!

deadf1sh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Could you possibly do me a huge favour then and dump your current 7.01 8000..10 file?

I’ve been doing some digging and know how to extract the save using hactool. Can even set a custom icon.

I’m hoping to find a way to manually apply the flag without having to use a donor profile!

I PM'd you the link to it.
If it work i will share it.

Edit: ow i just understood what you want to do. But if you try to compare files, keep in mind that i changed some things like profile name and icon

Last edited by deadf1sh,

t1op

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I PM'd you the link to it.
If it work i will share it.

Edit: ow i just understood what you want to do. But if you try to compare files, keep in mind that i changed some things like profile name and icon

I haven't upgraded any of my switches past 6.2 yet.
bootmonster or deadf1sh, would you be willing to upload your 8000..10 file from 7.0.1 here for users starting on 7+ firmwares? The file is only 7MB so you can upload it by just adding the .txt extension. (Which, of course, everyone would need to be removed before usage.)

I can test your 7.0 file on one of my 6.2 switches to see if it works on the older firmware or not.
Originally, this was supposedly only working on 6.1.0, but I have successfully used the same file on both 6.0.0 and 6.2.0.
If anyone can test on a firmware lower than 6.0 that would also be helpful, so that we can confirm instructions for those to whom that would apply. (Is it necessary to match the save file to a firmware range, or is a newer file backward compatible?)

PS To whomever moderates this forum, since the OP has not been involved in this discussion for a long while, would it be helpful if I created a new thread with the above instructions and the attached save file, in order to make the information more accessible? I would also be willing to update the first post of such a thread as needed.

deadf1sh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I haven't upgraded any of my switches past 6.2 yet.
bootmonster or deadf1sh, would you be willing to upload your 8000..10 file from 7.0.1 here for users starting on 7+ firmwares? The file is only 7MB so you can upload it by just adding the .txt extension. (Which, of course, everyone would need to be removed before usage.)

I pm'd you the link because i managed to do it thanks to your guide, but really, bootmonster seems to be coming with a better way of linking an account without the need of a donor file AND Reinx, so for the time being i would wait for his response before doing anything else.
If you want to update your linked account to 7.0.1, i can simply confirm that it worked for me.

bootmonster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried to use the 7.01 file but still I am getting the freeze on the Switch logo when running ReinX unfortunately. Either something has changed between 6.x and 7.x, or I am doing something wrong.

What version of ReinX was it that you were using t1op?

I may have to downgrade after all and go from there.

Some further info I have been able to establish;

I have been able to extract both my original save (top) and the donor profile (bottom), and there are some extra files that exist in the folders for the online one. I'm hoping profiles.dat may be the key to how a profile is flagged, and that the other files aren't required. The cache file doesn't exist in the 7.01 donor profile incidentally so that file at least isn't required.

6YJwJZp.png

You can extract the save easily with libhac / hactoolnet using the following command if anyone is curious

hactoolnet.exe -t save 8000000000000010 --outdir <output folder name>

You can also use the tool to resign the save, which if I can get working hopefully should avoid at the very least the reinx step. This requires a dump of your keys from lockpick.

Another thing you can do with the tool is replace files then resign, so hopefully just a change to profiles.dat is enough to flag the profile as being an online one.

To that end, I have a second switch which is not hacked, I am going to reset it to factory and add some user accounts, dump the nand, then connect each of them to nintendo online accounts, then dump the nand again and compare the profiles.dat files between both. I know I could use hacdiskmount for this step but feel safer dumping the nand to do this step.

Hopefully if we work out what needs to be changed homebrew could be developed to do so, or even something developers could add to checkpoint!

deadf1sh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have tried to use the 7.01 file but still I am getting the freeze on the Switch logo when running ReinX unfortunately. Either something has changed between 6.x and 7.x, or I am doing something wrong.

What version of ReinX was it that you were using t1op?

Personnaly i used ReiNX_v2.1.1

When i compare my linked 7.0.1 profiles.dat to the linked 6.0.1(?) profiles.dat downloaded from here, they are almost the same, just a few bytes changed before and after the username, apart from the username..
That is the only different file between 6.0.1 and 7.0.1 that i can find (exept the cache file that i personaly don't have on my account)

if i compare my unlinked profiles.dat to the linked one, they are a a lot more different. (both 7.0.1)

I have been able to extract both my original save (top) and the donor profile (bottom), and there are some extra files that exist in the folders for the online one. I'm hoping profiles.dat may be the key to how a profile is flagged, and that the other files aren't required. The cache file doesn't exist in the 7.01 donor profile incidentally so that file at least isn't required.

There is a lot of info in the ***_user.json file: id, email, "isNnLinked":false (weird?) Those info might be required for it to be considered as a linked account maybe.

bootmonster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So good news, I have been able to get the 7.01 donor profile to work. I haven't tested it but suspect the 6.0 file would likely work as well.

The 800..10 files is just a save file, so running it through hactoolnet and resigning it just works, no faffing with ReiNX.

You need to dump your keys using lockpick or another method, then place the prod.keys file in with hactoolnet.

To resign the save I used

hactoolnet.exe -k prod.keys -t save 8000000000000010 --sign

Then just replaced the file using hacdiskmount

ReiNX must have been resigning the save data on first run for whatever reason, though this is a better method and works on 7.01.

etraxz

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
So good news, I have been able to get the 7.01 donor profile to work. I haven't tested it but suspect the 6.0 file would likely work as well.

The 800..10 files is just a save file, so running it through hactoolnet and resigning it just works, no faffing with ReiNX.

You need to dump your keys using lockpick or another method, then place the prod.keys file in with hactoolnet.

To resign the save I used

Then just replaced the file using hacdiskmount

ReiNX must have been resigning the save data on first run for whatever reason, though this is a better method and works on 7.01.

Nice! Thanks for sharing!
Are you able to provide a more step by step instruction?

designgears

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice! Thanks for sharing!
Are you able to provide a more step by step instruction?

Dump your biskeys with biskeydump.bin or lockpick_rcm. (from the implant console)

You can get a donor 8000000000000010 four different ways... (from a donor console)

#1. grab the zip earlier in this thread with donor account and pull the file from \UES\save.
#2. use HacDiskMount on donor nand backup and pull it from \System\save
#3. use HacDiskMount on donor console and pull it from \System\save
#4. use Goldleaf on donor console to copy it from \System\save to your sdcard

Resign 8000000000000010; (prod.keys from the implant console)

Use one of the methods above (#2, #3, or #4) to put it on your device. (to the implant console)

Tools for the job;
hactoolnet:
https://github.com/Thealexbarney/LibHac/releases

Goldleaf:
https://github.com/XorTroll/Goldleaf/releases

Lockpick_RCM
https://github.com/shchmue/Lockpick_RCM/releases

memloader, biskeydump, and HacDiskMount
https://switchtools.sshnuke.net/

The basics of how to use memloader, biskeydump, and HacDiskMount and can be found here;
Don't follow the guide, just look at how the various apps/payloads are used.
https://guide.sdsetup.com/usingcfw/manualchoiupgrade

Last edited by designgears,

Leathaface

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dump your biskeys with biskeydump.bin or lockpick_rcm. (from the implant console)

You can get a donor 8000000000000010 four different ways... (from a donor console)

#1. grab the zip earlier in this thread with donor account and pull the file from \UES\save.
#2. use HacDiskMount on donor nand backup and pull it from \System\save
#3. use HacDiskMount on donor console and pull it from \System\save
#4. use Goldleaf on donor console to copy it from \System\save to your sdcard

Use one of the 4 methods above to put it on your device. (to the implant console)

Tools for the job;
hactoolnet:
https://github.com/Thealexbarney/LibHac/releases

Goldleaf:
https://github.com/XorTroll/Goldleaf/releases

Lockpick_RCM
https://github.com/shchmue/Lockpick_RCM/releases

memloader, biskeydump, and HacDiskMount
https://switchtools.sshnuke.net/

The basics of how to use memloader, biskeydump, and HacDiskMount and can be found here;
Don't follow the guide, just look at how the various apps/payloads are used.
https://guide.sdsetup.com/usingcfw/manualchoiupgrade

Does this work for 7.0.1?

t1op

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you don't want to download the whole zip file, I uploaded just that one file in post #66. You just have to delete the ".txt" extension. (An extension was required for upload here)

If you want a step by step guide for using BISKEYDUMP, MEMLOADER, and HACDISKMOUNT, you can follow my guide in post #63.
You would just add the above instructions using hactoolnet to use your product keys (named "device.keys" by BISKEYDUMP) to resign the save file.
Then you could continue to following my guide to inject the resigned save file. Resigning should make the need to boot ReiNX afterward obsolete.

Designgears suggests that you can make the whole process simpler by extracting your product keys with Lockpick rather than BISKEYDUMP. And that you can reinject your modified save file with Goldleaf instead of using Memloader and Hacdiskmount.
When I tried to use Goldleaf it just crashed. If resigning fixes this problem, then Goldleaf is definitely a simpler option.

Bootmonster also suggested that resigning makes the donated 6.x linked profile work on 7.x; whereas, before you apparently had to downgrade to 6.x to inject the 6.x profile.

If you are able to link the 6.x profile attached here (post #66) to a 7.x console, using Lockpick, Goldleaf, and Hacktoolnet, please add a reply to this thread to confirm that this simpler method worked for you.

Last edited by t1op,

designgears

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't want to download the whole zip file, I uploaded just that one file in post #66. You just have to delete the ".txt" extension. (An extension was required for upload here)

If you want a step by step guide for using BISKEYDUMP, MEMLOADER, and HACDISKMOUNT, you can follow my guide in post #63.
You would just add the above instructions using hactoolnet to use your product keys (named "device.keys" by BISKEYDUMP) to resign the save file.

Then you could continue to following my guide to inject the resigned save file. Resigning should make the need to boot ReiNX afterward obsolete.

Designgears suggests that you can make the whole process simpler by extracting your product keys with Lockpick rather than BISKEYDUMP. And that you can reinject your modified save file with Goldleaf instead of using Memloader and Hacdiskmount.
When I tried to use Goldleaf it just crashed. If resigning fixes this problem, then Goldleaf is definitely a simpler option.

Bootmonster also suggested that resigning makes the donated 6.x linked profile work on 7.x; whereas, before you apparently had to downgrade to 6.x to inject the 6.x profile.

If you are able to link the 6.x profile attached here (post #66) to a 7.x console, using Lockpick, Goldleaf, and Hacktoolnet, please add a reply to this thread to confirm that this simpler method worked for you.

Going to give goldleaf a go and see what happens, I'm using the latest commits from github.

Edit: can't even see the file in there, very strange

Last edited by designgears,

t1op

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going to give goldleaf a go and see what happens, I'm using the latest commits from github.

Edit: can't even see the file in there, very strange
I couldn't see it in Goldleaf either. When I tried to paste the file in regardless, that's when it crashed.

motchee

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
So you downloaded the 6.x profile attached earlier in this thread, resigned it and got it working in 8.0.1? Or did you find your own donor profile elsewhere?
I have a second switch (with 8.0.1, for online and eshop games) as donor.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ