1. Homlet

Homlet Advanced Member
    Newcomer

France
    Does this file work even on higher FW (namely 9.1.0)? I know kefir exists but I'd rather not use it

2. fauxami

fauxami Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Is there any way to have two or more user profiles, each linked to a fake account? Turns out that if your Nintendo account is unverified, the new Animal Crossing event only works for the user with the linked account. No other users on the console get to participate.

Last edited by fauxami, Apr 2, 2020
  3. mc711

mc711 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    if anyone is still trying to get this to work, use StarDust Toolkit.

https://github.com/StarDustCFW/StarDust-Toolkit/releases

it is the original creator of LinkUser (which is what kefir uses from what i've read in this thread)
    i just tried this on my 10.0.2 emuNAND and it does it seamlessly. i didn't even have to restore my old saves.

edit: here is the link to LinkUser in case anyone wants to verify
    https://github.com/StarDustCFW/LinkUser

edit2: the reason i wanted to do this was to launch SNES Online. it allows me to launch it now instead of asking me to link account. so i can verify it works for that too.

edit3: after using this for a couple weeks, i was experiencing major battery drain on standby (like ~30-50% when i sleep) but it was only when i was connected to wifi. after lots of troubleshooting, i found out it was due to the fake linked account. once i unlinked the account, i don't have any battery drain (usually only ~1-2% drain now)
    if you are experiencing battery drain, either turn on airplane mode or unlink the account through goldleaf.

either this has something malicious in the background or it's due to the blank dummy account trying to get the account information from nintendo. i was using 90DNS so it was constantly trying to connect but getting blocked. since there really isnt any important information on the switch i'm guessing it's the latter.

Last edited by mc711, Jun 11, 2020
    bootmonster, paulzheng and Akorax like this.
  4. Altair0207

Altair0207 Newbie
    Newcomer

Philippines
    I wanna do this but I want to be sure. With this, there is no need to restore the saves? I’m asking this because my daughter has an animal crossing save and she would be devastated if she had to redo the whole game. If I’m reading the instructions right (the crappy translation doesnt help), there is an option to choose which profile to link a nintendo account to. Can you clarify?

5. Rocca

Rocca Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Do I need internet connection for this to work?
    Regards

6. Altair0207

Altair0207 Newbie
    Newcomer

Philippines
    Well I bit the bullet and used that and surprise it worked beautifully. There wasn’t any need to restore my saves since it links all profiles instead of inserting a new one. I was connected to my wifi while doing this but I wa using 90dns as well. I recommend this over kefir 100 percent. Still, make a NAND backup and saves backup just in case.

7. mc711

mc711 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    i don't think so, for the two things i needed (mortal kombat and SNES online) i used it while on airplane mode without problems. although in mortal kombat it told me to disable airplane mode alot, but that's becuase it needs to connect to servers for rewards. i don't use either anymore (already beat mortal kombat and just switch to retroarch for emulation which is tons better)

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - profile, account,