Hacking Any way of checking what chip I have?

Hasney

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Basically, I bought a pre-modded Wii which has been working fine for PAL games, but for NTSC ganes, they have to be pre-patched. Turning on the Region-free does nothing and I have to re-burn if I forget to patch. They told me it was a WiiKey but after using the config disc region free still doesn;t work.

Now I can't open up my Wii as they gave me a 1 year warranty for the console and chip and I really want to keep that so is there any way I can check what chip I actually have?

Any help greatly appriciated!

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well you probably have a Wiinja v2, or some chip that's based off that. WiiFree, Wiiskas, yaosm. Tough luck, sounds like you got jipped. I say you should contact them and ask "what good's this one year warranty on a chip that isn't what you said you put in?"

Hasney

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Don't think it's a Wiinja v2 because I don't have audiofix
frown.gif
. Will it harm it if I use another chips config disc and see if that works? I'll take it back if it doesn't work.

Might just be a shitty clone.

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shouldn't harm it, if anything it won't do anything like the WiiKey disk. Try using WiiFree's config disk, allthough, if it's a WiiFree it should have region-patching on there if it's up to date enough to use the config disk.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OK, so you bought a pre-modded Wii and the people you bough it from give you a 1 year "warranty" (presumably on their own work). Since they had to open and solder on the board to get a modchip in there, you can open the machine and look in there without them having anyway to know you did it unless they added some sort of security sticker or something, which is pretty lame if they did. So do a really clean job in getting the stickers and sticky pads off the screw places, take the thing apart and look!

Since the people you bought the Wii from already voided Nintendo's warranty on the machine, you shouldn't worry about that, and they probably have no way of knowing if you opened it a second time.

Hasney

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OK, so you bought a pre-modded Wii and the people you bough it from give you a 1 year "warranty" (presumably on their own work). Since they had to open and solder on the board to get a modchip in there, you can open the machine and look in there without them having anyway to know you did it unless they added some sort of security sticker or something, which is pretty lame if they did. So do a really clean job in getting the stickers and sticky pads off the screw places, take the thing apart and look!

Since the people you bought the Wii from already voided Nintendo's warranty on the machine, you shouldn't worry about that, and they probably have no way of knowing if you opened it a second time.

2 Security stickers on it basically.... Yeah, I'm gonna have to steam these bastards off.

aligborat69

Trophies
XP
Country
Ive got one original wiikey and one clone wiikey and both work the same, no problems.

I patch all my USA games to PAL, without even trying them unpatched, simply because it takes 5 seconds to do it and as long as the game is listed as working in forums etc, then i know it will work 100% when patched.

You are better off just patching your USA games to PAL and you wont have any problems. Only a couple of games, like trauma centre we all know dont work, but thats nothing really.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Looks like they lied to you...Judging from other posts you were able to get audiofix games running fine, which you shouldn't be able to with any method...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: hey sylv? do you know why gameyob crashes on the EZP?