Hacking Any updated wbfs tools for linux?

purespin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have this Seagate 320GB Freeagant Go USB HDD and was partitioned on linux as follows:
4GB - FAT
200GB - wbfs
100GB - NTFS
All of them are primary partitions.

Then I initialized the wbfs partition with the wbfs tools on linux. I believe it came with cios_usb2 package. This tool is working fine. I could add/browse ISO on the wbfs partition.

The problem is:
1. This tool seem have that delete ISO bug which reduce the free space after removing an ISO.
2. I want to rename the game title/id but this tool doesn't have this feature.

I notice that there are tons of Windows wbfs tools fix the issue#1 and support issue#2. I borrowed my friend's Windows machine but none of the tools can recognize my wbfs partition.

Is the wbfs partition not compatible between linux and Windows? Anyone updated the linux tools?

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should be compatible in Windows as well. Try assigning a drive letter using Windows Disk Management utility, and the WBFS Managers will recognize it.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm using this:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=145747

Right now doesn't support some more advanced features, but he's got a new version coming out this week.

He links to a thread for a "Good working binary", the link in that thread has a few things in it you don't need, but you do need the
/cios_usb2/wbfs_linux/wbfs
file in the archive. Copy that to /usr/bin
I'm not sure if this is the same version you're using or not... might be.

Then copy his app (wbfs-wrapper-0.3) to your /usr/bin folder as well. Run it as root after that. In Ubuntu for me it's simply:
$sudo wbfs-wrapper-0.3
Lets you manager your WBFS partition just fine in a graphical interface.

Don't know if it has the shrinking free space bug or not...

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
After looking harder it seems like this version you found would be better than what I had, and I can still use the GUI utility I had been using.

I'm on x64, will your compiled version work for me? I can do it myself but I don't know the commands (the usual ./configure and make commands aren't working this time around)

purespin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wiiNinja said:
Should be compatible in Windows as well. Try assigning a drive letter using Windows Disk Management utility, and the WBFS Managers will recognize it.

Thanks for the reply. Will try this drive letter thing next time when I have a Windows machine on hand.

purespin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi Hooya,

I believe there is the "delete bug" in the original /cios_usb2/wbfs_linux/wbfs tools. The one I found should have fixed the issue and add some other features as well.

Try compile it, you need devkitPro. Just google it.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
devkitPro seems to be a Windows utility. I'm running Linux. Or am I missing something?

Can you just PM me a compiled version (link, attachment, whatever)? The one in the original release is working, so my guess is the one you made will as well.

Found more information... Will keep digging but you can still send it to me.
smile.gif

purespin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hooya said:
devkitPro seems to be a Windows utility. I'm running Linux. Or am I missing something?

Can you just PM me a compiled version (link, attachment, whatever)? The one in the original release is working, so my guess is the one you made will as well.

Found more information... Will keep digging but you can still send it to me.
smile.gif

PMed.

cojiro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am having trouble with the rename and change diskid feature. I have compiled, but dont know what do do after that. Did you do anything special to get that in?

purespin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
cojiro said:
I am having trouble with the rename and change diskid feature. I have compiled, but dont know what do do after that. Did you do anything special to get that in?

You have to modify the Makefile to enable the features and compile.

old Makefile:
DEFINES = -DLARGE_FILES -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64

new Makefile:
DEFINES = -DLARGE_FILES -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DENABLE_RENAME -DENABLE_CHANGE_DISKID

After compilation, run wbfs and you will see the options.

purespin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
purespin said:
wiiNinja said:

Thanks for the reply. Will try this drive letter thing next time when I have a Windows machine on hand.

No, I can't assign a drive letter to my WBFS partition. The only option I got is "Delete Partition":

wbfs.jpg

Any other idea?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Is it safe to update a modded ps3? Can I play online in pirated games? (with ps3hen either...