Hardware Any tip on cleaning the 3ds?

aeros

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have my 3ds for almost a month already, and it is begining to be a bit oily from my hands especially the inner upper half, fingerprints are on it all the time
so, what is the best solution to clean the 3ds so it can be as shiny as new?

aeros

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nollog said:
I have a screen protector so I just use a cloth.
yea, but the black glossy part gets oily too, or are u using the hori screen protector?
I plan on getting that later too but i think i would want to clean my 3ds throughly first

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try to buy a nice microfiber cloth. One was included in the 3DS Kit I bought from GameStop, and it works like a charm. Also try to wash your hands off before handling your 3DS, so it won't get oily as fast.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
aeros said:
Nollog said:
I have a screen protector so I just use a cloth.
yea, but the black glossy part gets oily too, or are u using the hori screen protector?
I plan on getting that later too but i think i would want to clean my 3ds throughly first
That part doesn't have a screen in it so it doesn't matter.

nilly

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
aeros said:
I have my 3ds for almost a month already, and it is begining to be a bit oily from my hands especially the inner upper half, fingerprints are on it all the time
so, what is the best solution to clean the 3ds so it can be as shiny as new?

Hi mate! I use a screen cleaner kit i bought in the local store, it comes with a small spray bottle with "screen cleaner" and a sponge with a cloth like surface, plus a aluminum case that holds the two together.. I would recommend spraying the sponge, and not at the 3ds directly with the cleaner spray.

Clean the whole 3ds with this and it'll look as good as new

And i would recommend the hori screen protector, to keep it scratch free as well.

ThriLL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Microfiber cloth's the best one you can use to wipe it. Regular towel or your shirt can scratch the screens. Also use a can of compressed air before applying the Hori screen protectors. Wipe the screen first with the fiber cloth then spray it. That way you can get even the smallest debris off of the screens. Make sure you do it somewhere where there's not much clothes around. On a table at your dining room or something. Lint could be floating around if you do it in a room.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you doing @K3Nv2