Gaming Any SC2/HoN/DotA/LoL Tempers?

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Started playing Xin Zhao on League of Legends yesterday. I can't do very well with him in 5v5 but I destroy most games in 3v3. A few of my games yesterday were (Kills/Deaths) 18-5, 15-4 and a really good 23-4.
Congratz, impressive stuff indeed. What level are you?
I played Twisted Treeline a lot too, but I just have to admit Summoners Rift is way more fun. Takes a bit longer of course, and you have more chance to come across a complete jack-ass, but it's very fun.

I declare myself best mid laner on gbatemp in LoL.
How do I know?
I just do
Nice, you're probably better than me, I haven't really played a lot of Mid. Recently (past 3 days) been playing with Teemo a lot, 8 games, 6 won and 2 lost. In those 2 main culprit was other teammates, but I just played bad too. They both had Teemo's and they both were better than me :(

Still, INCREDIBLE easy to play IMHO

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

TimothyWedel

Minesweeper and Flatulence
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Congratz, impressive stuff indeed. What level are you?
I played Twisted Treeline a lot too, but I just have to admit Summoners Rift is way more fun. Takes a bit longer of course, and you have more chance to come across a complete jack-ass, but it's very fun.

I just hit level 20 yesterday. I do enjoy playing Summoners Rift more than Twisted Treeline but I just can't seem to play Xin properly in 5v5 battles.

Reactions: Castiel

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1000 ELO is standard ELO, nothing special.
1000 isn't standard. 1200 is standard. EDIT: they changed it this season, average is 1150 now.

I haven't played 5 ranked games in S3 yet (lost the ones I have played though), but in S2 I dropped all the way to 700 (cause I went full retard and went on a huge losing streak) and carried my way back up to 1050 by season's end. I'm going to hold back before going in ranked again, since I'm still not that good at the game (and I completely ignored real life for a week when I brought my elo back up).
If anyone wants to add me, it's YayMii. And I'm on the NA server.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
1000 isn't standard. 1200 is standard. EDIT: they changed it this season, average is 1150 now.

I haven't played 5 ranked games in S3 yet (lost the ones I have played though), but in S2 I dropped all the way to 700 (cause I went full retard and went on a huge losing streak) and carried my way back up to 1050 by season's end. I'm going to hold back before going in ranked again, since I'm still not that good at the game (and I completely ignored real life for a week when I brought my elo back up).
If anyone wants to add me, it's YayMii. And I'm on the NA server.
I'll hit lvl 30 tonight, haven't played ranked atm. Will probably wait to play ranked until February 2013, then the exams are over and I hopefully am a little better than I am now. I've got some friends that are playing ranked atm, so shouldn't be a problem to find some decent team to play in.

Can you easily drop so low in ELO? 700 man, what a tremendous losing streak.... Just stop playing ranked then?

lismati

Speedrunner in practice
Trophies
Website
www.wiiplanet.info
XP
Country
Poland
I play LoL from time to time, maining Anivia, but I'm slowly learning Heimerdinger.
And sometimes I play well (average, if I'm honest) but sometimes I'm feeding so hard it's like I'm retarded.
I'm just level 13 tho

Reactions: Satangel

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
DotA player here!!

Seem to have more LoL players here than DotA.
DotA 2 Forever.
I've tried DOTA 2 2 times now, played it for 2 hours, and I can't say I really liked it. It does have a more professional feel to it though, some features look really cool and the actual menu is stunning compared to LoL.
But I disliked the look and feel of champions (also, their names, so so dumb.....) and was just overwhelmed by some things.

I'm more of a LoL player, maybe because all my friends play it too.

virgildraco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
playing Dota 2 here, not really fan of LoL, i find it a little easy, compared to dota, not much of teamplay

SinHarvest24

Shiroyasha
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chad
I've tried DOTA 2 2 times now, played it for 2 hours, and I can't say I really liked it. It does have a more professional feel to it though, some features look really cool and the actual menu is stunning compared to LoL.
But I disliked the look and feel of champions (also, their names, so so dumb.....) and was just overwhelmed by some things.

I haven't tried DotA 2, yet...i will probably flock to DotA 2 sometime in the future. I prefer DotA over LoL simply because there's more depth, which makes for way more enjoyable gameplay IMO.

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Truly, it is alot harder to play and understand than LoL, mainly because of the more complex stuff in it.
I spent a whole month struggling with it,but with time I got it.
Hero names are stupid, yeah.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I haven't tried DotA 2, yet...i will probably flock to DotA 2 sometime in the future. I prefer DotA over LoL simply because there's more depth, which makes for way more enjoyable gameplay IMO.
Truly, it is alot harder to play and understand than LoL, mainly because of the more complex stuff in it.
I spent a whole month struggling with it,but with time I got it.
Hero names are stupid, yeah.
Yeah it seems deeper and harder. Seems uglier and bigger too really.

LoL isn't easy, but it is easier than DOTA2 apparently. Still I'm rooting for LoL atm, and don't plan on quitting any time soon.
I just like the fact that such a small developer could make and maintain this game, without any forced cost.
DOTA2 is made by Valve, who have shitloads of money and have plenty of other products to make them money.
LoL is made by Riot Games, who don't have any other source of income than LoL. Nothing.

To make both games F2P is way way way more impressive from Riot Games, than from Valve then.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Yeah it seems deeper and harder. Seems uglier and bigger too really.

LoL isn't easy, but it is easier than DOTA2 apparently. Still I'm rooting for LoL atm, and don't plan on quitting any time soon.
I just like the fact that such a small developer could make and maintain this game, without any forced cost.
DOTA2 is made by Valve, who have shitloads of money and have plenty of other products to make them money.
LoL is made by Riot Games, who don't have any other source of income than LoL. Nothing.

To make both games F2P is way way way more impressive from Riot Games, than from Valve then.
Though the difference with Valve and Riot is I find Valve more generous. I mean, I never spent a single cent for my Dota 2 Inventory.

I want to ask though, how do you find hero names stupid?

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Though the difference with Valve and Riot is I find Valve more generous. I mean, I never spent a single cent for my Dota 2 Inventory.

I want to ask though, how do you find hero names stupid?
I haven't dabbled into DOTA 2 trading yet, but are the items you get worth something? How do you get them?
Is it like TF2, where you play 50 - 80 minutes and you get 1 random drop, 99% of the time worth shit?
Or do you get it by winning matches/achievements?

And of course Valve is more generous, they have other sources of income, which enables them to be generous. I just feel and fear that in the end DOTA will win, simply because they are waaaaayyyyyyyy bigger and richer than LoL. And that would be a shame IMHO

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-