Hacking Any reason to use YSMenu anymore?

chibiushi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
chibiushi said:
I don't think it better or easier, I just wanted to use Xenon++'s mod as my default firmware (so that the saves are .sav not .nds.sav) and it comes as a .nds file. as I was going to put YSMenu on there as well, I just added the woodr4.nds to the .ini file.
This setup would be so nice if Moonshell2 didn't need YSMenu's ini TT-TT. Oh well, I guess I'm sticking to Xenon++'s favlauncher (I can boot any of the firmwares that I have on boot =D).
I was really looking at MS2, but the whole batch file link creator makes it less convenient.

Infinite Zero

Almost!
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
hey wait, can YOU ACTUALLY use Wood and YSMenu at the same time?????
who knows that here?
rolleyes.gif

suruz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just use Wood. It looks much prettier, and for me it has waaaay better compatibility than YSMenu.

Also, it plays some homebrew games that YSMenu can't (like Tages of Dagur). Not that anyone really cares, but I just prefer Wood and I don't see why people are still using YSMenu... -___-

canderousa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When running R4 Wood as the main firmware and YSMenu as an .nds file, do i still need to include the TTMenu folder, extinfo, savinfo, etc on my SD card?

My guess is "YES"...

canderousa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If one ROM doesn't work on one, you use the other. Example: If Kingdom Hearts doesnt work on R4 Wood, then run YSMenu.nds and run Kingodm Hearts from there...

flamingo24

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh well if a game doesn't boot with Wood, and YSMenu supports that one game; If a game doesn't boot with AKAIO it doesn't mean I'm going to add YSMenu to the TF, I'll just patch it if the game is that important to me...The updated extinfo.dat is built from patches anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: