Any PS4 Controller Plugins that work with Vita?

superslider

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello! I'm having trouble with PS4 controller plugins on PSVita.

I use "reVita" to remap buttons to make the PS4 controller usable.

These are the plugins I've tried:

• MiniVitaTV - Pairs the PS4 controller, then has reVita support. However, enabling this plugin breaks many games. PlayStation Vita pets won't launch or function when MiniVitaTV is activated. For me, this isn't an option.

• DS4Vita - This pairs the PS4 controller, but doesn't have any reVita support. Controls can't be mapped and so L2/R2 become unusable. For me this isn't an option.

• DS34Vita - This does have reVita support, so all my buttons work, however it won't pair the PS4 controller to the PSVita. The only way is to boot up a Windows PC, plug in the PS4 controller and give it the Vita's MAC address. Since this PS4 controller frequently goes between the PS4 and Vita, this isn't an option for me.

• VitaControl - I thought I'd found the perfect plugin. This plugin DOES allow the PS4 controller to sync to the PSVita. And, it has reVita support, meaning I can remap all my buttons correctly to make it usable. However, this plugin forces both R1 and R2 to be the same button in games, so you can't seperate R1 and R2 in games, both buttons always do R1. This means in games where the back touch pad does R2, it again becomes completely unusable, and isn't an option for me.

Any other PS4 controller plugins out there?

Last edited by superslider,
Reactions: Darthagnon

zebragreen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
For the PS2 games on PSVita, they use the back touchpad for L2 and R2, so unless you can remap those to L2 and R2 using reVita, the games become unplayable with the PS4 controller.

Either @theflow0 updates MiniVitaTV so that it doesn't break launching games like PS Vita Pets, which I don't know if that's possible since the issue may be built into the PSTV operating system.

Or, @xerpi adds reVita support to ds4Vita.

Or, @MERLev takes out the "DS3" component out of his ds34vita plugin, since it's the DS3 in the ds34vita plugin which breaks the functionality of pairing the DS4 with the Vita. (I know because if you enable both ds3vita and ds4vita plugins, it also breaks it, whereas with just ds4vita, it works)

Or, @Hydr8gon makes it so that VitaControl doesn't register both L2 and R2 both as the same button. So that each can be mapped as two separate buttons in reVita.

Until that day comes, PS4 controllers might not be usable with the PSVita.

Reactions: Darthagnon

zebragreen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What would be good is a plugin that solely allows the DS4 to connect to the Vita in Settings, like VitaControl and DS4Vita have.

zebragreen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Also both DS34Vita and MiniVitaTV both disable PS4 Remote Play from working, which isn't ideal if you're connecting a PS4 Controller.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto