mickthestud Sep 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dax_Fame

Dax_Fame Annoying Member

Jan 16, 2015
    United States
    Mom's house
    I was avoiding the 9.0 update as long as I could but then I got the nag on sMMC and couldn't play online, so I updated.

I'm about the path of least resistance. sMMC is most important to me. emuMMC and HB are secondary bonuses and if all I have to do is switch to Atmos, which I planned on doing anyway, then so be it.

I understand this point if view isn't everyone's which is why I said before, it's a matter of taste.

MasterJ360 likes this.
  2. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    Tho I do find it confusing as to why some folks who despise the product are always concerned to when it loses support or not. If it does then thats ok we have alternatives available to pick up the slack. This is beating on a dead horse that has decayed over a year. Let us enjoy what the cfw has left in peace then if it dies we will join the Atmobandwagon to celebrate the unity. :toot::grog::switch:

3. gizmomelb

gizmomelb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 13, 2006
    Australia
    I look forward to the hassles of using atmos, patching sig patches every release and the problems associated with trying to install games and get them to run (after reading so many posts regarding those issues in multiple threads) intead of the ''plug and play'' aspect of SX OS. Oh and not being able to use tinfoil any more due to bugs in atmos[/sarcasm]

Bladexdsl likes this.
  4. NeroAngelo

NeroAngelo Clueless Importer

Dec 31, 2003
    Libya
    I wish Atmo had XCI mounting like SXOS :( I'd switch back in a heartbeat

Baoulettes likes this.
  5. DaveLister

DaveLister GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 27, 2018
    Afghanistan
    lv426
    Will never happen , not even June 15th. Not Soon not ever.

6. longxa762

longxa762 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 20, 2013
    Australia
    Yeah let wish Anti-Piracy devs to add a feature that is only used for Piracy :rofl2:

7. digipimp75

digipimp75 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 16, 2014
    United States
    I've gotten my money's worth out of SX OS for the past 15 months, but I'm thinking of switching. The only thing keeping me with SX OS is that sweet, sweet xci loading.

JoeBloggs777 and NeroAngelo like this.
  8. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    XCI won't be added even if it's possible to do it legally. Apparently it's very easy to do what I have heard. However no one wish to pull the trigger that can cause the warth of Nintendo to come after them.

9. iCEQB

iCEQB GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 2, 2013
    United States
    That is the most stupid argument I always hear when this topic comes up.
    Why would it ONLY be used for piracy? This implies that there are NO people out there, who would backup their legit carts and use this feature.
    It would involve less steps to produce a XCI backup and just play it afterwards, instead of creating a NSP, which then needs to installed etc. etc.

The argument you brought up about piracy can also be applied to NSPs - why do we need them again? There is no benefit in having them, even for homebrew and please don't use the argument that the homebrew shows up in the main menu.

NeroAngelo likes this.
  10. DaveLister

DaveLister GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 27, 2018
    Afghanistan
    lv426
    XCI Jesus, said unto us, many moons ago the following:-

"Nothing more, nothing less. We have some very cool features lined up that are not quite ready for primetime yet. And we didn't want to keep you waiting till next September either."

psssst its almost not September anymore ......

hippy dave likes this.
  11. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 3, 2018
    United States
    Atmosphere devs don't support NSP either. 9.0 update has been a bit of crap because all the NSP support comes from various unofficial sources which weren't ready day 1 or 2. I still see people complaining about it so its not clear everything has even been sorted yet.

Now maybe likewise one day some unofficial source tries to add XCI as a system module. Even so it won't be the atmos team and I'm not surprised if they already took some measures to frustrate someone doing that.

Last edited by Rahkeesh, Sep 23, 2019
  12. 8BitWonder

8BitWonder Small Homebrew Dev

Jan 23, 2016
    United States
    47 4F 54 20 45 45 4D
    I figure the only reason they're fine (I say 'fine' pretty loosely) with NSPs is because under normal circumstances they will only work for the user/system it was bought with since it has a valid ticket.
    They don't supply any of the patches necessary to run other users' NSPs.

Whereas there's no easy way to verify someone actually owns an XCI with a ticket.
    While yes there are plenty of folks that would use legitimate XCI backups, there's just no way to verify it is legitimate.

Last edited by 8BitWonder, Sep 23, 2019
  13. kornjaca200

kornjaca200 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2017
    Netherlands
    Mine 45 was well spend sxos always worked perfectly for me, but i converted mine files on sd sxos emunand to hidden partition emummc. I toughed this was the perfect moment to switch to atmosphere because there will come a time, now or in a future system update that you need to update for a game, dlc or game update. I just like to be (if possible) up to date with things.

And for all the hate toward sxos i cant understand that because we are all gamer en want to enjoy our modded system, no matter the cfw we are the same and want the same things.

14. lolcatzuru

lolcatzuru GBAtemp Fan

Apr 20, 2012
    United States
    future reference they do have a website

15. longxa762

longxa762 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 20, 2013
    Australia
    Atmosphere doesn't officially support NSP though? The sigpatches are from another source.

16. linuxares

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    It supports homebrew, but not any NSP installation no. As you said, you must get said patches else where.

17. proffk

proffk GBAtemp Fan

Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    I think the main aspect of usb loading is what everyone wants. Having the ability to install & play nsp files from usb would be awesome.

18. Jonhy

Jonhy GBAtemp Regular

May 22, 2016
    United States
    That's because Sci diff'd the update beforehand, and it wasn't even a major update.

19. Josshy0125

Josshy0125 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 16, 2019
    United Kingdom
    No. Why do shills try and do whatever they can to make their side "win"? Its childish.

20. linuxares

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    Nintendo won, they had fw 9.0 first!

xabier, DaveLister and Josshy0125 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.