Baoulettes

The lonely man
Trophies
Website
www.baoulettes.fr
XP
Country
France
As frustrating as the wait for SX OS 9.0.0 support is and lack of progress update (although I do hear it is being worked on along with some new features), especially after their quick turnaround for 8.1.0, I'm still unaware of a reason why it's necessary to be on the latest firmware unless you're looking for the features it provides so to me it's just a matter of being patient.

I mean no games require it at present and for eshop access you would install 9.0.0 to your sysnand and keep emunand offline on 8.1.0

But yeah, it's kind of annoying to not have any ETAs etc for a paid solution whilst the free alternatives have supported it for a while now.
Some people do have legit games and online sub with :)
That the main reason I update, to be able to play my mario kart or mario maker.
And there the lastest FW is always required :)
Except if you use a weird method to bypass it but I doubt that really safe :P

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Likewise, but it’s ok to update sysnand to 9 to play online.
Running sx 8.1 on emunand has no drawback presently is what I’m saying, aside from not being able to read your carts.

RedHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
As frustrating as the wait for SX OS 9.0.0 support is and lack of progress update (although I do hear it is being worked on along with some new features), especially after their quick turnaround for 8.1.0, I'm still unaware of a reason why it's necessary to be on the latest firmware unless you're looking for the features it provides so to me it's just a matter of being patient.

I mean no games require it at present and for eshop access you would install 9.0.0 to your sysnand and keep emunand offline on 8.1.0

But yeah, it's kind of annoying to not have any ETAs etc for a paid solution whilst the free alternatives have supported it for a while now.
Updating will also break autorcm, and for people like me who switch a lot between sysnand and emunand it's not only annoying but also dangerous because you can damage the console always using the jig, also because I'm using a paperclip.
That's why I'm waiting for the update.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updating will also break autorcm, and for people like me who switch a lot between sysnand and emunand it's not only annoying but also dangerous because you can damage the console always using the jig, also because I'm using a paperclip.
That's why I'm waiting for the update.
Updating does not break AutoRCM. Its because SX OS does not offer true support for firmware 9.0. You can have AutoRCM enabled with Atmosphere then have SysNAND on 9.0 and EmuNAND on 8.1 with everything working fine.

OperationNT

Trophies
XP
Country
France
As the FW 9.0.0 contains a cartridge slot update, it probably has an impact on XCI loader support.
This is maybe why, this time, Team Xecuter cannot simply copy/paste Atmosphere's code... :)

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As the FW 9.0.0 contains a cartridge slot update, it probably has an impact on XCI loader support.
This is maybe why, this time, Team Xecuter cannot simply copy/paste Atmosphere's code... :)
GC firm update is console wide afaik.
SX OS Emunand loads XCIs fine on my system which has sysnand 9.0.0 so I don't think there is any need for them to update any code their end to support XCIs going forward.

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
well even the gc is updated on 8.1 emunand, xci still works fine

for people that are wondering
if you have emunand on 8.1, you can update your sysnand just fine to play your originals,

difference between 9.0(emucc) and 8.1 emunand is just the satisfaction of being updated, people be serious, just wait a little to just update to see that you have a 9.0 version and nothing else

Last edited by kamesenin888,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
"as always"? Cmon dude. They pushed out 8.0 support before Atmos. Don't play that "cheap shot" card. They each have their pros and cons. I prefer SX, others prefer Atmos.
One big pro for Atmosphere: You know all those times your console crashes from homebrew, and you have to reboot into OFW only to power off so you can boot back into RCM and inject the payload again? That doesn't happen in Atmosphere. Atmosphere has way better error handling in homebrew, so it won't crash your console, and even if your console does crash for some reason, thanks to Atmo's "reboot to payload" feature, you can get right back into CFW with a press of the power button.
That was the one thing that made me switch. Trying to install stuff with Goldleaf or Tinfoil and having the system repeatedly crash gets old very quickly when getting back to where I was is such an ordeal.

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
One big pro for Atmosphere: You know all those times your console crashes from homebrew, and you have to reboot into OFW only to power off so you can boot back into RCM and inject the payload again? That doesn't happen in Atmosphere. Atmosphere has way better error handling in homebrew, so it won't crash your console, and even if your console does crash for some reason, thanks to Atmo's "reboot to payload" feature, you can get right back into CFW with a press of the power button.
That was the one thing that made me switch. Trying to install stuff with Goldleaf or Tinfoil and having the system repeatedly crash gets old very quickly when getting back to where I was is such an ordeal.
Yeah that IS a great feature of Atmosphere and was actually why I used it quite a bit back along as well, but if you got a trinket it’s not an issue for SX either.

KungFuzion

Trophies
XP
Country
Picked my copy up of Links awakening after work today, enjoying it so far but i've noticed some frame rate drops when moving around. Hope Ninty drops a patch soon which brings me to when sx will drop a update.....??? My sysnand is on 4.0.1 and I dont want to update that. I just like using my emunand. I'm guessing the new zelda update when it arrives will be on 9.X. SX is very quiet lately & makes me wonder if they will even bring 9.x support out.

Last edited by KungFuzion,

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well even the gc is updated on 8.1 emunand, xci still works fine

for people that are wondering
if you have emunand on 8.1, you can update your sysnand just fine to play your originals,

difference between 9.0(emucc) and 8.1 emunand is just the satisfaction of being updated, people be serious, just wait a little to just update to see that you have a 9.0 version and nothing else

I'm not sure if this is the case for everyone. I had an emunand working perfect on 8.0.1 but once the system got updated to 9.0.0 the emunand corrupted and would no longer boot. Not sure what caused it. I also have a non corrupted backup of the emunand 8.0.1 on my pc and that refuses to boot since the update as well. Tried converting to atmosphere and the issues followed. My solution was to start over with a fresh emunand on atmosphere and wait for sx.

Zangetsu276

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I hope it releases soon. My Switch arrived today, and while it's a hackable model, it's on OFW 9.0.0 so I can't do shit with SX OS, for now it's just a useless box.

DuveltjeDG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I hope it releases soon. My Switch arrived today, and while it's a hackable model, it's on OFW 9.0.0 so I can't do shit with SX OS, for now it's just a useless box.
Why not use atmosphere instead? Really weird to wait for something that needs be paid for when there are free options that work better.

Zangetsu276

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Why not use atmosphere instead? Really weird to wait for something that needs be paid for when there are free options that work better.

It's because I bought SX OS beforehand, but I'm considering to use Atmosphere and when SX OS updates, switch to SX OS.

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not sure if this is the case for everyone. I had an emunand working perfect on 8.0.1 but once the system got updated to 9.0.0 the emunand corrupted and would no longer boot. Not sure what caused it. I also have a non corrupted backup of the emunand 8.0.1 on my pc and that refuses to boot since the update as well. Tried converting to atmosphere and the issues followed. My solution was to start over with a fresh emunand on atmosphere and wait for sx.
A friend of mine had this problem because he left a game inside, besides that everything is working

Reactions: fringle

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A friend of mine had this problem because he left a game inside, besides that everything is working

Interesting. Yes there was and still is a game card inside. Going to give this a try now with my backup emunand. Thanks for the tip. Much appreciated.

a2a

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I will just leave this here — screen cap from TX forums. Itsa’ commin’... justa be patient...

C01A9C49-7196-4DAE-BF66-6DCD9D02DD82.jpeg

(No direct linky, sorry, as requested by gbatemp mods... but easy enough to browse to and find yourself...)

Hayro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is it possible to downgrade from 9.0 emuNAND to 8.1.0 emuNAND?
edit : nvm, I found a way.

Last edited by Hayro,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs