Hacking Any news on how to unban a 3DS?

HuskyXD

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
We know that, but some are reporting that you can dump the secureinfo from another console and use it to unban yourself. I don't know how true this is.

I did the same thing like you did last thursday when it was leaked. But didn't get banned. What i want to know is when you lasted went into the festival and when you got banned.

Have You Been Banned?: Not yet
What Version Were/Are you playing?: Moon and Sun
Did you Went/Go Online?: No, but had my wifi enabled while playing. I also twitch streamed it for more than 24hours. I also had the game first day it was leaked. I went inside the festival but did not let it connect to any servers Last thusday.
What Error Code Do You Get?: N/A
Can You Access E-Shop? N/A

Last edited by HuskyXD,

75mak

Trophies
XP
Country
I did the same thing like you did last thursday when it was leaked. But didn't get banned. What i want to know is when you lasted went into the festival and when you got banned.

What Version Were/Are you playing?: Moon and Sun
Did you Went/Go Online?: No, but had my wifi enabled while playing. I also twitch streamed it for more than 24hours. I also had the game first day it was leaked. I went inside the festival but did not let it connect to any servers Last thusday.
Can You Access E-Shop? N/A
Can you access the eshop?

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had my Wifi enabled and I put 34 hours into the game. People banned connected to the Nintendo service through the festival plaza. If you stay away from the plaza for another day you won't be banned. I backed up my save with JKSM and deleted the game from my 3DS. I'll redownload it from Freeshop or CIAngel later so it's not the converted rom just to be sure, even though that should not matter.

Just stay offline for a day, and periodically check your friends list to see if it connects. Everyone who didn't use the online feature of the festival plaza should be fine.

ngagethetaco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I foolishly tried to go online but my firmware was outdated so it asked update first.

I backed up the save, deleted the game and ticket, updated the firmware, and have no online restrictions atm. I could use online features of my legit copy of omega ruby and access the eshop. For now.

Not a big deal, the account tied to the 3DS is a throwaway and after S/M the system is dead. Don't care if I get banned.

D

Deleted User

What are the chances that the leak will be unbanable after the 18th? You see the leak is a reviewer copy so that means its free of charge for reviewers,but I'm guessing there where strict orders to stay offline.So mabe the leak will be ok once the games are officially out,if not the private header is messed up.

Last edited by ,

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I foolishly tried to go online but my firmware was outdated so it asked update first.

I backed up the save, deleted the game and ticket, updated the firmware, and have no online restrictions atm. I could use online features of my legit copy of omega ruby and access the eshop. For now.

Not a big deal, the account tied to the 3DS is a throwaway and after S/M the system is dead. Don't care if I get banned.
Wait. That unbans you?

Hakairo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just chill for 15 days now and see what happens.

I mean, of course Nintendo is saying it is permanent to spread fear. I don't think they would tell you if it is perma. Also they maybe know that ppl would rip off files from innocent 3ds models and sending them back if it is perma. This would be a significant higher damage to them compared to some downloaded Pokémon ROMs (also because some ppl would buy it anyways later)

IMO it is useless to assume anything now. But looking for unban methods are interesting in general, but not yet necessary.

EDIT: Btw some information are pretty weird. Also because ppl are often talking about one of the 2 error codes. Don't know how it is for you, but I am getting BOTH error codes, depending on where I am trying to go online.

Last edited by Hakairo,

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Keep in mind even if nintendo support says its permanent doesn't mean it actually is. A: They're just support staff and don't have full info, they just read from a script. B: They're not gonna go "Oh yeah its temporary so don't worry bout it". nintendo wants people worried/scared because that's in their interest.

Reactions: Raylight and fodder

finn_91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I honestly didn't know that the Festival was the online plaza. I just popped into it and left immediately after the introduction to it.
You gave me a fright. -___-
I went into Festival Plaza. There even were "visitors".
However I have a habit of playing offline. No harm done.

NightsEkim

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess my next question is, for all of us that weren't banned, if we dump our official carts to CIA, will we be okay?

Oh heres my report:
Have You Been Banned?: No
What Version Were/Are you playing?: Sun CIA Luma with REDNAND
Did you Go Online?: I accessed the plaza but I'm not sure if I was actually online or not.
What Error Code Do You Get?: Not banned
Can You Access E-Shop? Yes.

Last edited by NightsEkim,

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I was also not banned :

What Version Were/Are you playing?: Moon (CIA) with GW.
Did you Go Online?: Yes, Festival Plaza and I actually played online in those mini games.
Can You Access E-Shop? Yes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'd consider Chromebooks an Android PC.