Hacking Any news of Rev 14 release date

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gbasource said:
Most guys who make homebrew etc dont even give you release dates. Waninkoko does and people in the channel still arent happy.

Well, as I said before, he shouldn't be giving dates out at all if he's not entirely sure. It would be a lot better for him to just say it'll be done when it's done.

I can't really blame people in the IRC if they're upset about it. They've had God only knows how many different dates posted now, each one of them false for one reason or another.

Also as I've said before, I have nothing against the man. But he still should only say when if he knows for certain when. Giving out false dates like he's been doing is one of the main causes for people acting like they are.

576ZR673tf

I like having dates, it gives me ideas of the release, I don't wait like crazy and I don't care when it's postponed.

oneleggedjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sure you were.... me to man. On a side note, we all just happen to be innocent as well.
wink.gif

nknave

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I think there is a desperation of ppl wanting this so bad. I mean what do you need from this new cIOS?

It doesn't fix the error002b, so for backups, we are at the same page.
NAND Emulator.............hmmm I don't think I'll need it; will you?

1 Thing I think it's going to be good if included and it's the DIP Modules, so that SoftCorp can copy them from IOS249 and Patch the other IOS, and this way, the newer cIOSCorp is born.

Other than the above, I'm very happy with Rev 7, Rev 10, and currently using (just updated/downgraded) to Rev 13.

Unless there is something I'm missing here that is good for the Enthusiast, let me know.

mestapho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, let's say you're a plastic rock star and have every RB2 DLC plus customs and every GHWT DLC plus customs. Then the idea of a huge NAND is very appetizing.

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mestapho said:
Well, let's say you're a plastic rock star and have every RB2 DLC plus customs and every GHWT DLC plus customs. Then the idea of a huge NAND is very appetizing.

yeah, that is appealing!
hate2.gif

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nknave said:
I think there is a desperation of ppl wanting this so bad. I mean what do you need from this new cIOS?

It doesn't fix the error002b, so for backups, we are at the same page.
NAND Emulator.............hmmm I don't think I'll need it; will you?

1 Thing I think it's going to be good if included and it's the DIP Modules, so that SoftCorp can copy them from IOS249 and Patch the other IOS, and this way, the newer cIOSCorp is born.

Other than the above, I'm very happy with Rev 7, Rev 10, and currently using (just updated/downgraded) to Rev 13.

Unless there is something I'm missing here that is good for the Enthusiast, let me know.

We're hoping it will fix the restart bug. It stinks forgetting to reset the system after playing a USB game, then having the next one freeze on you. And it doesn't need to fix the 002b protection.... let the loaders handle it.

And yes, I'm quite excited about the NAND emulation.

mestapho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MrBubbles said:
We need to lose less features and gain more IMHO.

HD comp being one of them.

I actually don't know much about this release, aside from the nand emulation and restart bug fix.

What are we losing and what is HD comp? High Def of Hard Disc Drive?

QUOTEDoes anyone know what format the nand needs to be in. Bin, or File format to be Emulated, Sorry for the stupid question. Guess i will find out sooner or later anyways

I read IRC log that someone posted and I don't remember that he specified any format. Just pure conjecture, but i say it is something proprietary like WBFS is.

576ZR673tf

> I'm waiting patiently. smile.gif

" We're all waiiiiiiitiiiiiing paaaaaatieentlyy
We all waaaaaait foooor theee siiiiign "

Tux'

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He's releasing it July 26(today) MAYBE unless another problem appears with it. And yes, be patient. Hell, you might not even see it till September.

darkgoth

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've sat here during the weekend, reading the comments posted and have had a 'real laugh' Thanks Guys (and Gals)

Just let the W do his thang, wait patiently and then you'll be able to do your thang with his amazing work

This is the 'NOW GENERATION' where everyone wants everything NOW!!!! just chill out Life is GOOD when we are getting all this for FREE

Respectfully

biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @cearp, Interesting, considering that the USA has started to legalise cannabis in some states.