Any new system emulators

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by bg480, Jul 6, 2011.

Jul 6, 2011

Any new system emulators by bg480 at 4:06 AM (1,004 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. bg480
    OP

Newcomer bg480 Member

United States
    Hey i was wondering is anyone working on any new system emulators for the wii ... sega cd would be cool 32x jaguar too maby cps2 theres so many that would be great on the wii it would be great for some new ones it was booming with emu's a couple years ago and has pretty much came to a crawl any thoughts?

2. wiisixtyfour

Member wiisixtyfour GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You clearly don't know how much work goes into emulation. Also since the Wii is near the end of it's life the creation of new homebrew is going to keep slowing down.

3. bg480
    OP

Newcomer bg480 Member

United States
    i know it takes alot of work im just trying to get some peoples thoughts i know its near the end of its cycle but theres still life left the xbox has a ton of emulators but its also alot more powerful it just seems to me like it all came almost to a hault when the ps3 got jailbroke

4. tueidj

Member tueidj I R Expert

Actually if you look back the quality of homebrew increases after a console reaches the end of its life. The systems become cheaper, people are less afraid to modify them and the support tools (devkitpro, libogc etc.) are always improving.

5. Jacobeian

Member Jacobeian GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Cuba
    XBOX got a "ton" of emulators not because it was more powerful (it isn't) but because it has a very similar architecture to a PC (same CPU family, DirectX, etc) , which means devs could pick ALL the emulators that already existed on computer and port them with very few efforts and coding time, which is also why most of the effort was spent in putting out nice interfaces and catchy features.
    Those emulators didn't come out of nothing, they were the result of many many years of work before XBOX even existed. Same goes for the Wii, those are "just" ports of existing emulators, with the limitation this time that you can only use emulators that can be ported across platforms, which means no Jaguar,32x... unless someone is willing to rewrite a new one from scratch.

6. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    I +1 pretty much every reply in this thread. Especially Jacobeian's reply.
    So...you finished every game that wiirtual boy can emulate already?

7. bg480
    OP

Newcomer bg480 Member

United States
    no i havent have you

8. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    I was implying that there is still plenty of fun to be had with the emulators that are already available. I'd compare it to asking for desert when you haven't finished your meal...except that in this case, the meal itself is an all you can eat buffet.

I also don't get what you mean with "comes to a crawl". wiirtual boy is one of the first virtual boy emulators I ever knew, swiss is still being developed and to an extend, you can consider postloader to be a wiiware/VC emulator if you run it under uneek.

9. wiisixtyfour

Member wiisixtyfour GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yeah, Mednafen had just recently gotten a VB emulator and then raz0red and Arikado ported it so it's all pretty new.

10. newo

Newcomer newo Advanced Member

Jamaica