Any NDS homebrew games like this?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Rayder, Aug 30, 2010.

Aug 30, 2010
  1. Rayder
    OP

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    Are there any homebrew games for the DS that are like those Flash games where you hit/fling/throw something, it goes flying through the air and either get slowed down or sped up by stuff it flies through? The object of the game is to get the farthest distance.

For some reason, I rather like those games and would like to have one (or a few) on the go. So are there any of those on DS? Names? Links?

2. monkat

Banned monkat I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.

United States
    Not that I know of...its strange that there isn't, cuz that's one of the types of games that an amateur could peice together given a devkit (official or non), some time, and a tutorial...

3. Bulit

Member Bulit GBAtemp Regular

United States
  4. BobTheJoeBob

Member BobTheJoeBob The most optimistic person on the temp. :)

United Kingdom
  5. Rayder
    OP

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
  6. Tom Bombadildo

Contributor Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip
    United States
    I've played Hedgehog Launch, that has always been a fun one for me. How about a game like that, where you launch some sort of object and you get upgrades for your launcher, a rocket or something, and an increase in rocket fuel. That would be enjoyable at least. And the object of the game is to get as high as you can while staying in the air for as long as you can. Perhaps another upgrade could be like parachutes, starting with none and upgrading to one with a bunch of holes in it, then on to one with maybe just a few holes, then one with none, then one that looks brand new, but make it so you only have a set time to use it. Maybe the last upgrade for it could be multiple parachutes. And of course you'd need a way to get the stuff so some random coins or something in the air which have different values. Then also add up the height and time stayed in the air and give them like 1/10 of their score, for example if I got 500ft in the air and stayed up for 120 seconds, plus adding all the coins I had collected during my flight, say 30, my points would be 650, so you'd get 65 coins. The end of the game being getting to a certain height, something that would take almost all of the upgrades and skill of launching the thing. You could have the launcher down on the touch screen, so when you launch the object you see it up in the top screen and control it with the directional pad, activate the rockets with one of the four buttons, the parachute with another.

I would make it, but I have almost no coding experience at all [​IMG]

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  7. basher11

Member basher11 GBAtemp's Official Vocaloid Lover

United States
    *cough* kitty cannon *cough*