Any method to rip the music files from ROMs?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Sendoh, Dec 19, 2007.

Dec 19, 2007
  1. Sendoh
    OP

Member Sendoh GBAtemp Regular

Singapore
    Yeah, so I've been playing Final Fantasy 12: Revenant Wings, and after beating Chapter 3, during the cutscene where Vaan was comforting Penelo when that guy introduced at the beginning of the chapter died. So there was this very beautiful piano piece, like a longer version of the Game Over them. I couldn't find it in the FF12 soundtrack (Yes, I listened to every track). So anyone knows how I can rip this file directly from the ROM itself?

2. arctic_flame

Member arctic_flame GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan

United Kingdom
  3. Hiratai

Banned Hiratai I'm like *tick* *tick*

United States
    You can play it on your console and then record it with a voice recorder. [​IMG]

4. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Have a look for a thread by myself called DS sound files reverse engineered and look at the last couple of pages.
    Midi files come out great and wave are not half bad either.

Of course you could do the loopback and an emulator method (apparently the new no$gba is great).

5. Sendoh
    OP

Member Sendoh GBAtemp Regular

Singapore
    Ah thanks man. I used the sound extractor to get the files from the rom.

I must be an idiot. I realised I overlooked one of the files from the soundtrack I found. The track is called Theme of Love, which was a big coincidence, because I loved the Theme of Love from FFIV.

Thanks again!