ROM Hack Any Love for the GSF Format?

Bart Lemming

Gēmu Bōi mikuro
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I love listening to my GSF collection but I haven't seen any new ones floating around for years now. Meanwhile, I see lots of different formats for other platforms getting lots of attention. VGM seems to be pretty 'in' these days with the rippers and devs on the other forums I visit...

So, do any of you guys care about GBA music, at all? Share your thoughts. :)

Bart Lemming

Gēmu Bōi mikuro
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Have you checked out this site:

http://www.caitsith2.com/gsf/

It hasn't been updated in a while but it does have lots of OSTs on it. Unfortunately, there is no OST for Sheep there. Sorry. :(

I notice that some of the OSTs aren't properly tagged and timed. I toyed with the idea of contacting CaitSith2 but I don't have any idea how to fix these things - I just enjoy listening!

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How in the world does one rip GBA music in this way? I'm interested in learning or at least reading a general jargon-filled overview.

edit: It involves Assembly. Great! Guess that's out of my league.

Bart Lemming

Gēmu Bōi mikuro
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, it does seem a little arcane. Assembly is way out of my league too. Goodness, I don't even know how to fix the tags on the incomplete rips on GSF Central...

Wouldn't it be great to have a proper GSF/MP3 player on the GBA?

loco365

Trophies
XP
How in the world does one rip GBA music in this way? I'm interested in learning or at least reading a general jargon-filled overview.

edit: It involves Assembly. Great! Guess that's out of my league.
Some GSF files (Like those used by the GBA) can be easily ripped with Saptapper. I'm not sure if it's limited to the M4A engine Sappy uses, but it gets the job done.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Bugspanker 2000.