Any info on .pgf font?

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by jjjewel, Dec 22, 2013.

1. jjjewel
    OP

jjjewel GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 17, 2009
    United States
    I have a few PSP games that I need to edit the Japanese .pgf font graphics to make them either dual-tile or non-English language. As far as I looked around the Internet, I only found TTF2PGF program which didn't help much. (It seemed to work with only English ASCII. Plus I need a few thousands characters for my language. T_T)

Is there any info on how a .pgf font works? Like, whether it is tile-based or not, etc. And is it possible to extract it as a .bmp or .png and change their width and spacing, etc.

Considering that TTF2PGF program has been floating around for at least 6-7 years. I hope someone did figure out and document the PGF format.

2. enixmatt

enixmatt Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2013
    Senegal
  3. jjjewel
    OP

jjjewel GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 17, 2009
    United States
    enixmatt, thank you very much. :wub:
    The format looks too complicated for me to handle. T_T I think I'll stay away from games that use Pgf font for a while until my skills are better.

4. tpu

tpu Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2009
    Switzerland
  5. jjjewel
    OP

jjjewel GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 17, 2009
    United States
    tpu, thank you very much.

Edited: tpu, I don't know how to compile the program but I found the .exe of your pgftool on a Chinese forum, so I'll use that one. Thank you very much~

Now, I have a super noob question. Could someone point me to a tutorial or something where it teaches me how to compile files from github?

...Yes, I'm a total noob. I totally have no idea what I can do with them. Internet search told me I needed a C compiler and I downloaded MinGW but I don't know how to use it. (Read the program's tutorial but it didn't help.) I use Windows XP if that makes any difference. Thank you. T_T