Hardware Any harm in running it in sleep mode for several days?

Meegol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to play a few ds games on my New 3ds everything takes while to boot. Just to boot the 3ds it takes about 10 seconds (maybe a little less) then to boot the r4 it takes a couple seconds, then to manually select the game you want off the r4 it takes more time. I was thinking about running my 3ds is sleep mode until i finish an rpg but im wondering if that can harm my 3ds?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to play a few ds games on my New 3ds everything takes while to boot. Just to boot the 3ds it takes about 10 seconds (maybe a little less) then to boot the r4 it takes a couple seconds, then to manually select the game you want off the r4 it takes more time. I was thinking about running my 3ds is sleep mode until i finish an rpg but im wondering if that can harm my 3ds?
Nope

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It will put more wear on your battery unnecessarily.

MrMingus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There shouldn't be a problem, unless you leave it charging for those few days. That would not be good for the battery.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
There shouldn't be a problem, unless you leave it charging for those few days. That would not be good for the battery.
Indeed, but I still see it as a waste of battery life if you do it frequently. The Switch drains relatively quickly in sleep mode so if you know you probably won't be using it again today it's better to shut it down completely and then it can keep that charge for at least 6 months. Leaving it in sleep all the time just wastes charge cycles because you're gonna have to charge it more often. Might not make a huge difference but at least you're not needlessly wearing down the battery (albeit slowly) and maybe you get a year extra of life out of it before it needs replacing. Those batteries go downhill pretty quickly after about 500 charge cycles and if you play all day every day like i used to back in my youth you could easily do that in a year.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BigOnYa How have you been