Hacking Question Any hacks possible without sd card?

kamo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
I have a Switch without a working sd card reader. I've ordered a new one but it wont arrive before August. Is there any way to access the nand like a sd or something? Maybe in rcm?

edit
There seems to be quite a bit of confusion about whats exactly broken. It's the part inside the switch, not the sd card nor a reader for my pc.

Attachments

• s-l200.jpg
    s-l200.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 614
  • 8485cee48955a0fb7848949cc01849fd_epsp155-2.jpg
    8485cee48955a0fb7848949cc01849fd_epsp155-2.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 630
Last edited by kamo,

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
For homebrew and CFW you need a working micro sd card reader. Otherwise you won't be able to load files which are necessary for hacks.

0x40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But can I upload things like checkpoint or layerfs stuff to the nand and use it?
Pretty sure both Atmosphere and Hekate are hard-coded to use the sd card. You'd have to compile your own versions.

D

Deleted User

I have a Switch without a working sd card reader. I've ordered a new one but it wont arrive before August. Is there any way to access the nand like a sd or something? Maybe in rcm?
August? You got to be kidding me. Don't buy anything from eBay. Try buying one off of Amazon

kamo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
I'm not gonna do it for you. I doubt anyone will. At least try to fix it yourself and then ask if you run into issues.
Ok. Why did you present yourself as someone I could ask for help if you have not intention to do it? I obviously can't fix it for myself.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think he means the internall one in his switch
Yeah, there seems to be quite some confusion. I should have used "sd card reader" in the title.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That sick boy yo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was hoping I could add a custom ROM to this fire HD 10 tablet but guess no one's made twrp available
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Root it? Lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That shit is so locked down, tighter than a nun's ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know if that's even possible for the firmware
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can remove the bloat ware and ads easily but can't install a rom
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig...