Misc Oldies any good old school pc games for a 2012 laptop with a low powered cpu?

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Big recommendation to the old CRPGs from the 90s, specifically Fallout 1 and 2. Those should run perfectly on your hardware. Planescape too.

Maybe Undertale or Stardew Valley as well? The GOG release of Metal Gear Solid 1?

Reactions: CoolMe

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would say most Valve games can probably run fine in your setup. That said I would probably use your setup more to fry eggs than game on. That system if it had seen no service in all those years will cook like an induction stove in short time with any game that you would try pushing it in more than 40 minutes play. Also I am sure things such as repasting of the CPU/GPU have not been done in all these years, cleaning of fans and most certainly switching out that dreadful HDD for a SSD before it reaches its final knocks of death.

If I were you I would start putting money in a jar for a newer system. Because I can only imagine how much longer that laptop will continue, its basically on borrowed time at this point.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, would you recommend playing n64 games on a ps3 through retroarch?