GCN any good gamecube emulators for the PC?

roguetrip

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, i started getting addicted to metroid fusion, and metroid zero mission, i was thinking about picking up Metroid prime and Prime 2: echo's, but don't own a gamecube, i was wondering if there is a good emulator for those titles, rather emulate than borrow a friends GC, Thanks!

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Easy answer: take a look at the good DS, PSP and PS2 emulators. Do you think the Gamecube is well emulated?

Comeon, just think before you ask something!

Pigwooly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
From the Emulator Zone website.

"Dolphin is the first Gamecube emulator able to run commercial games! Even at its early stage some games manage to load and run but not perfectly. Please remember that Dolphin is an experimental GameCube emulator so many games might not run and for the ones that do run you will need a strong PC."

The fact that it's an achievement that some games load at all tells you all you need to know about the current state of Gamecube emulation.

Seyiji

Rawr :3
Trophies
Website
www.rage3d.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay, i started getting addicted to metroid fusion, and metroid zero mission, i was thinking about picking up Metroid prime and Prime 2: echo's, but don't own a gamecube, i was wondering if there is a good emulator for those titles, rather emulate than borrow a friends GC, Thanks!
Cripes man there like $39.99 used at Gamestop/EB Games go buy one
laugh.gif

roguetrip

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, i went and boought a GC today, it was 40$ for the core system w/16MB memory card, and then i found metroid prime for 5$, not too bad, gotta find prime 2: echoes now. I seen my memory card already has saves for zelda: twighlight princess, prime 2: echoes, star fox, and mario kart, dunno the progress though on them, maybe they are pretty far into the games
wink.gif

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
I'll be picking up Echoes too next month, it's the only Metroid I haven't played and finished (bar prime 3, not out here yet).
Why didn't you just go for a Wii? I was really in two minds about getting another one but after a long long think about it I am getting another next month. I figure theres a few VC games I havn't played like Majora's Mask, and also a ton of GC games like Baten Kaitos that I never got around to playing when I had a GC. Now there all dirt cheap it's gonna be great!
Should keep me going until some more decent Wii games come, I just hope the next run of non-Ninty games don't suck.

roguetrip

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll be picking up Echoes too next month, it's the only Metroid I haven't played and finished (bar prime 3, not out here yet).
Why didn't you just go for a Wii? I was really in two minds about getting another one but after a long long think about it I am getting another next month. I figure theres a few VC games I havn't played like Majora's Mask, and also a ton of GC games like Baten Kaitos that I never got around to playing when I had a GC. Now there all dirt cheap it's gonna be great!
Should keep me going until some more decent Wii games come, I just hope the next run of non-Ninty games don't suck.

Well dang nabit, i didn't know the Wii would run GC games, i haven't kept up with any news on the Wii, but maybe will pickup a Wii after my next tax returns which is just in a few months anyways, thats pretty awesome it will do GC games! but for now my GF is bugging my for a $200+ USD camera for her B-day, and then have X-mas to deal with, bah, gotta love being BROKE!

cenotaph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There's a private beta of a GC emulator that's supposedly good.

As for PS2 emulation, it's come a long way and is very playable on decent multicore-boxes. DS will also be full speed at some point - it's not a question of whether or not it'll actually happen, but when. DS hardware is puny, but the graphics accelerator is undocumented Nintendo proprietary stuff - hence why it's taking so long.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0LPrmtVWsA