any good gamecube emulators for the PC?

Discussion in 'Nintendo GameCube' started by roguetrip, Sep 6, 2007.

Sep 6, 2007
  1. roguetrip
    OP

Member roguetrip GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Okay, i started getting addicted to metroid fusion, and metroid zero mission, i was thinking about picking up Metroid prime and Prime 2: echo's, but don't own a gamecube, i was wondering if there is a good emulator for those titles, rather emulate than borrow a friends GC, Thanks!

2. test84

Member test84 GBAtemp's last ninja 2.

Iran
  3. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    Easy answer: take a look at the good DS, PSP and PS2 emulators. Do you think the Gamecube is well emulated?

Comeon, just think before you ask something!

4. Pigwooly

Member Pigwooly GBAtemp Fan

United States
    From the Emulator Zone website.

"Dolphin is the first Gamecube emulator able to run commercial games! Even at its early stage some games manage to load and run but not perfectly. Please remember that Dolphin is an experimental GameCube emulator so many games might not run and for the ones that do run you will need a strong PC."

The fact that it's an achievement that some games load at all tells you all you need to know about the current state of Gamecube emulation.

5. Seyiji

Member Seyiji Rawr :3

United States
    Cripes man there like $39.99 used at Gamestop/EB Games go buy one [​IMG]

6. Pigwooly

Member Pigwooly GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I picked up Prime and Prime 2 for $10 each at Gamestop. Mighta got lucky though.

7. roguetrip
    OP

United States
    well, i went and boought a GC today, it was 40$ for the core system w/16MB memory card, and then i found metroid prime for 5$, not too bad, gotta find prime 2: echoes now. I seen my memory card already has saves for zelda: twighlight princess, prime 2: echoes, star fox, and mario kart, dunno the progress though on them, maybe they are pretty far into the games [​IMG]

8. T-hug

Chief Editor T-hug Always like this.

pip
    United Kingdom
    I'll be picking up Echoes too next month, it's the only Metroid I haven't played and finished (bar prime 3, not out here yet).
    Why didn't you just go for a Wii? I was really in two minds about getting another one but after a long long think about it I am getting another next month. I figure theres a few VC games I havn't played like Majora's Mask, and also a ton of GC games like Baten Kaitos that I never got around to playing when I had a GC. Now there all dirt cheap it's gonna be great!
    Should keep me going until some more decent Wii games come, I just hope the next run of non-Ninty games don't suck.

9. roguetrip
    OP

United States
    Well dang nabit, i didn't know the Wii would run GC games, i haven't kept up with any news on the Wii, but maybe will pickup a Wii after my next tax returns which is just in a few months anyways, thats pretty awesome it will do GC games! but for now my GF is bugging my for a $200+ USD camera for her B-day, and then have X-mas to deal with, bah, gotta love being BROKE!

10. cenotaph

Member cenotaph GBAtemp Fan

United States
    There's a private beta of a GC emulator that's supposedly good.

As for PS2 emulation, it's come a long way and is very playable on decent multicore-boxes. DS will also be full speed at some point - it's not a question of whether or not it'll actually happen, but when. DS hardware is puny, but the graphics accelerator is undocumented Nintendo proprietary stuff - hence why it's taking so long.