Any difference with the Euro/US versions?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by SlyGuy, Aug 7, 2007.

Aug 7, 2007
  1. SlyGuy
    OP

Member SlyGuy GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    If I am using a Euro version of an online DS game will my experience be any different than if I am using a US version? For example, if my friend is playing online with a US version will I be able to use my Euro version and play with him?

2. Spikey

Member Spikey Your Special Someone

United States
    On the DS the experience is most of the time exactly the same. You can connect different regions together on the DS and play just fine. With games like Picross though, the difference is the USA release will have weekly downloadble puzzles, while the European release doesn't get such a nice feature.

3. RyuKakashi

Member RyuKakashi GBAtemp Fan

United States
    SOME games are different but the difference is usually minor. For example Trace Memory in europe is more of an actual translation, without the localization (hence the name in the european one)
    But most of the time it won't matter at all, especially if the game features worldwide online play, then it HAS to be the same.

4. tipsy

Member tipsy GBAtemp Regular

China
    I'm not sure, but I think usually US might have more features now that SpikeyNDS talked about the Picross thing, because most of the time, the US version is more megabytes than the EUR, or perhaps it may be because US doesn't know how to format correctly or something. dunno

5. tipsy

Member tipsy GBAtemp Regular

China
    Oh also accents/sound might be different.
    When I tried the EUR version of More Brain Training because US didn't come out yet, it spoke with an English accent, I thought that was just to make the game harder, but now that I think about it's a EUR version of the game. haha. [​IMG]