Any devs planning to make something for Ludum Dare 49?

diggeloid

Alex
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ludum Dare 49 starts next weekend, and I'm planning to maybe submit some Vita homebrew for the compo!

Just gotta dedicate some time to polish up my engine beforehand, because the last time I worked on it things didn't go so smooth... Had to do some ugly hacks to ship that thing before the deadline, and since LD requires a source code release, I gotta make it at least somewhat presentable.

Also gotta port it to Windows at least, since I doubt I'll get many players if I only release it for Linux and Vita :P

diggeloid

Alex
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://ldjam.com/ (wikipedia page)

Ludum Dare is like the original game jam (aka a "hackathon" but for games only). Basically a bunch of game developers come together to make tiny games within a 48 hour period with a specific theme, and then the participants play and rate each other's games.

Most games usually end up being crappy due to the time constraints, but it's always a fun event and learning experience, and sometimes we do see some gems come out of it. For example, the recent crazily successful Friday Night Funkin' started as an entry for Ludum Dare 47!

Latest photos

Group events

Site & Scene News

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Photos: