Homebrew Any decent slot 1 internet browser?

RedHero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I tried DSOrganize, latest version, but it always crashes very fast, especially when there's a few pictures on the site.

Bunjaloo... tried it too. Browsing the pages is very slow, it seems to crash after 15 or so minutes, and it seems to just flat-out ignore a lot of links when you try to visit them.

Also tried something like DSHobro. It seems I need to start up a certain program on my PC every time I want to use it. It's by far the slowest of the bunch, although it displays web-pages really well and every link can be followed. Still, the speed is just tedious compared to the others.

Any other suggestions for programs, or how to make these work better? My DS is just a fat launch DS, imported it from the US.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only other real option would be Okiwi, which really isn't worth considering at all. There's also DSLinux, but whether there would be enough free RAM to start wifi and launch Retawq is questionable. Bunjalloo is probably your best bet.

Also note that with DSHobro, a good amount of the slowdown is actually probably caused by your CPU speed. When the icon on the screen is a solid color, it's busy taking screenshots of the webpage on the computer and splitting it into DS-sized chunks, while when the icon is flashing, it's actually sending the data to the DS. I've tried DSHobro on both my 5-year old computer and the brand-new one, and the difference is definitely noticeable. Open up Task Manager and go to the Performance tab and watch that as you browse around with DSHobro to see what I mean.

eSquire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
try bunjallo
He has already.
QUOTEI tried DSOrganize, latest version, but it always crashes very fast, especially when there's a few pictures on the site.
v3.2 is known to be somewhat buggy; try using v3.1129.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
if you have a ram expansion pack, try the opera ROM.
but this doesnt let you download. in that case, stick with bunjalloo

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Opera DS browser renders pages more accurately, but slower. Bunjalloo lets you download files. Personally I switch between using Opera and the browsers in DSLinux depending on what I plan to be browsing at the time.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
orrr...just get a UMPC and Firefox
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night