Any contact issues like the A2i?

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by Kadin, Nov 29, 2012.

Nov 29, 2012
  1. Kadin
    OP

Member Kadin Ain't no rest for the wicked...

United States
    My Acekard 2i works about half the time in both my 3DS and DSLite, does the DSTwo have these same types of issues? I know it was a pretty well known problem for many people, just trying to find another card that's made a bit better.

2. Latiken

Member Latiken GBATemp's Epic Fusion

United States
    I am not sure because I don't have a DSTwo, but I am pretty sure it doesn't have contact issues like the AK2i.
    Hopefully Another World or Rydian will verify this.

3. RodrigoDavy

Member RodrigoDavy GBAtemp Maniac

Brazil
    My friend have a Supercard DSone and apparently the material seems to be of very good qualty. In fact it is the most well made flashcard. I think I would've bought a Supercard flashcard if they didn't say their non DStwo carts could be blocked.

4. Chary

Reporter Chary GBAtemp's #1 Naoto

pip
    United States
    Oh. Yes. The SuperCard ALWAYS jams itself into the DSLite/3DSxl, and gets to be a real pain if I ever want to take it out. Build quality is shoddy, but it works well, and has great support.

5. Fishaman P

Member Fishaman P Speedrunner

United States
    I think the DSTwo has the opposite problem: if people install aftermarket batteries, the DSTwo is so tight that it's hard to get in. So, you should never have to worry about the kind of contact issues the AK2i has.

6. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    I've got an Ak2i and a DSTwo in my DSi. The AK2i has contact issues, the DSTwo doesn't.

The DSTwo is tighter in the slot, but it's not an issue, it doesn't get stuck or anything.

7. Kadin
    OP

Member Kadin Ain't no rest for the wicked...

United States
    From one side of the coin to the other eh? haha, thanks everyone for the feedback.

Is there a simple process to go from my Ak2i to the DSTwo with keeping all my save files, etc.? Never transferred from one card to another...

8. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    What side? "Contact issue" refers to a cart not functioning properly due to the pins of the cart losing physical contact with the DS.
    That doesn't happen, in fact the DSTwo fits tighter in the slot than my other carts, which is a GOOD thing in regards to the contacts.

You can copy your ROMs and saves over directly.