Hardware Any caveats to making a JP/EU account on an NA Switch?

CeeDee

fuckin dork
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anything strange happen in particular? That Puyo Puyo demo kinda interests me, so I'd like to know if there are any side effects.

ut2k4master

Lord Tourettes
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
nope, the japanese eshop is (and most of its games are) obviously in japanese, but there are no side effects whatsoever. you can download the demos with your jp account and play them with your main account, too

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
In addition, while slightly off-topic, changing the "region" of the console doesn't do anything other than displaying how the clock displays (12 hour vs. 24 hour), to my knowledge. I changed mine to Australia even though I live in the US so I can have the nicer 24 hour clock. :P

Reactions: owek1

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Only caveats I have noticed (My console with German and Japanese accounts):
  • You need an aditional e-mail address, it will not let you use the same for both accounts. (meh)
  • You get spammed with news in Japanese. (but perhaps you like it)
Everything else works fine.
Make your Japanese account already and download that free Dragon Quest Heroes demo from the Japanese eshop!

PS: I've also played the Puyo puyo demo, but I am kind of bad at Tetris and the game constantly making you change from Tetris to Puyopuyo and back messes with my mind.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,
Reactions: daxtsu

CeeDee

fuckin dork
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Japanese news spam seems like a dealbreaker in itself. I get enough news about Japanese games from GBAtemp itself...

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If you use gmail as your main account you can actually use the same address for all accounts. Let's say your email is [email protected], if you were to send a message to [email protected] the main account will receive it, gmail completely skips the dots, but other sites recognize them as DIFFERENT emails. I have a USA, European and Japanese accounts on my Switch, all tied to the same address (just with dots added in different places). It's possible other email providers may do something similair.

The only issue are the news, yeah, the news section on my Switch contains it all, NA news, European news and Japanese news. Would be nice if Nintendo made it possible to disable those for selected accounts.

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you use gmail as your main account you can actually use the same address for all accounts. Let's say your email is [email protected], if you were to send a message to [email protected] the main account will receive it, gmail completely skips the dots, but other sites recognize them as DIFFERENT emails. I have a USA, European and Japanese accounts on my Switch, all tied to the same address (just with dots added in different places). It's possible other email providers may do something similair.

The only issue are the news, yeah, the news section on my Switch contains it all, NA news, European news and Japanese news. Would be nice if Nintendo made it possible to disable those for selected accounts.

This method is quite limited and some websites do ignore periods. You can just add a + to the end of your name then type some sort of description thus creating an alias.

For example:

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

All 4 will be sent to your [email protected] address.

You can also send from an alias as well.

Last edited by Mr. Wizard,

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How are the demos on the Switch. Are they limited to 30 uses like it was on 3DS and Wii U or some other asinine limitation?
No. Unlimited. Good demos.

The snipperclips demo locks up my switch if I go to the homescreen and close snipper using the X button. Tetris works great, I hate puyo puyo though I wish it was just Tetris.

Last edited by Mr. Wizard,

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Weird. Just tried that with snipperclips demo (eur) and it does not lock my switch up.

*shrug* I have the Americas version. A few people posted about it as well on nintendo tech support forums. Oh well, stupid game anyway imho, doesn't let me use pro controller so I deleted it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1