Hacking Any backup precaution options before getting fixed?

RjT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
We are sending my son's DS XL back to Nintendo to get checked/fixed as it currently just turns off by itself at random times (have replaced the battery already) and a few other random things.

It is currently version 4 firmware with a Gateway card with EmuNAND setup.

Now my question is there anything can I do as a precaution before sending it back to them in case they do fix it and at the same time upgrade it to version 11? So that we don't have to hardmod it to downgrade?

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We are sending my son's DS XL back to Nintendo to get checked/fixed as it currently just turns off by itself at random times (have replaced the battery already) and a few other random things.

It is currently version 4 firmware with a Gateway card with EmuNAND setup.

Now my question is there anything can I do as a precaution before sending it back to them in case they do fix it and at the same time upgrade it to version 11? So that we don't have to hardmod it to downgrade?

They may replace the motherboard so a band dump may even be worthless, but you can make one anyway.

At this point you will prob have to:
1) Hardmod or
2) if you have another 3ds then you can try dsiware downgrade

Sorry, otherwise get a sky3ds+ and wait for an 11.1 kernel exploit for A9

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
You could set up a9lh so that if they give you the same motherboard back at least you won't be screwed by them updating it. If they give you a new motherboard then there's nothing you can do anyway.

They will update it no matter what so if you do nothing then you will receive back an unhackable system (besides hardmod or DSiWare downgrade).

Last edited by Quantumcat,

RjT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You could set up a9lh so that if they give you the same motherboard back at least you won't be screwed by them updating it. If they give you a new motherboard then there's nothing you can do anyway.

They will update it no matter what so if you do nothing then you will receive back an unhackable system (besides hardmod or DSiWare downgrade).

I was contemplating this but if I send the console in without the arm9loaderhax.bin on a SD card, wont the system not boot at all?

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: RjT

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP