Hacking Question any advantage to 3.0.0 now?

Mcfroogle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've been on 3.0.0 since I brought BOTW. But for Christmas I got mario odyssey and have been holding off playing it due to the 4.1.0 update (yes for 6 long months). Am I now right in thinking that a purely softmod cfw will be available soon for 4.1.0. Before I thought it was just possible for 3.0.0.

Is there any reason at all now to stay on 3.0.0

Also anyway to update to 4.1.0 and do the ntfs update at the same time?

Sorry if this has been asked, I did have a search in the forum.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • An untethered softmod method of launching CFW, probably using the internet browser, exists privately for 1.0.0-3.0.0, and it will probably be released to the public in the next few weeks or couple of months.
  • An untethered softmod method of launching CFW, probably using the internet browser, exists privately for 3.0.1-4.1.0. However, it will probably be a very long time before it's released to the public.
If you care about having an untethered softmod method of launching CFW, you should stay on 3.0.0. If you are okay with waiting a long time for an untethered softmod method of launching CFW, and you're okay with using a jig to launch RCM in the meantime, you can go ahead and update to 3.0.1 to play Super Mario Odyssey.

If you want to add exFAT support to your Switch, you can follow this guide on almost any software version:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...tch-console-on-any-ofw-without-update.505182/

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can launch homebrew without RCM on 1.0 but you will have to buy Puyo-Puyo Tetris. However, if someone were to convert the Fake News installer into either a homebrew app or payload, it can install the homebrew launcher permanently with a one-time RCM boot.

baretbh

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
With hekate sleep bug fix, you basically you only have to boot into RCM once. Only time you'll have to go back into RCM is if your Switch crashes or Power down. Been on cfw for 5 days with zero issues in sleep mode. If you want to play Mario Ody. I would make the jump, if you care about coldbooting at all, stay with 3.0.0, but dont expect Coldbooting anytime soon.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With hekate sleep bug fix, you basically you only have to boot into RCM once. Only time you'll have to go back into RCM is if your Switch crashes or Power down. Been on cfw for 5 days with zero issues in sleep mode. If you want to play Mario Ody. I would make the jump, if you care about coldbooting at all, stay with 3.0.0, but dont expect Coldbooting anytime soon.
Some users have reported the sleep bug is not properly implemented in 3.x so it still might not be the best idea to use Hekate if you have that firmware.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • An untethered softmod method of launching CFW, probably using the internet browser, exists privately for 1.0.0-3.0.0, and it will probably be released to the public in the next few weeks or couple of months.
  • An untethered softmod method of launching CFW, probably using the internet browser, exists privately for 3.0.1-4.1.0. However, it will probably be a very long time before it's released to the public.
If you care about having an untethered softmod method of launching CFW, you should stay on 3.0.0. If you are okay with waiting a long time for an untethered softmod method of launching CFW, and you're okay with using a jig to launch RCM in the meantime, you can go ahead and update to 3.0.1 to play Super Mario Odyssey.

If you want to add exFAT support to your Switch, you can follow this guide on almost any software version:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...tch-console-on-any-ofw-without-update.505182/

if a private teatherless browser exploit exists then what is the use of holding on to it if is already patched post 4.x.x

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if a private teatherless browser exploit exists then what is the use of holding on to it if is already patched post 4.x.x

Because one could be potentially found in the future
The private exploit for 3.01-4.1 has not been patched out. More accurately, it hasn't been tested to see if it has been patched out or not. Thus, we can surmise they have not released it yet because they wish to use it on 5.X if it hasn't been patched out yet. The problem becomes if that isn't patched out, they may hold out onto the exploit even longer until it is patched out.

Reactions: weatMod

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I more so meant on later firmware
After re-reading your post, it seems I made an incorrect assumption so for that I apologize. I still think its important to emphasize that currently sleep mode support for 3.x is not fully implemented. Every little bit of information can help make big decisions.

Reactions: baretbh

baretbh

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
After re-reading your post, it seems I made an incorrect assumption so for that I apologize. I still think its important to emphasize that currently sleep mode support for 3.x is not fully implemented. Every little bit of information can help make big decisions.
Agreed!

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
This must really be difficult for you considering the long wait.
So to make it easier, why not consider / compare all options offered to you in above posts?
- There is an actual CFW in development (soon to be released but still unknown)
- We have taste of what Atmosphere can do already on all firmwares (Hekate with homebrews)
- If you get your hands on it you won't need a jig / injecting payload (right?) but do you mind using a jig? Using a PC or a compatible phone to inject a payload?
- You have only one Switch (and you want new games on it)

*My Advice: Do what really matters to you!

I've been on 3.0.0 since I brought BOTW. But for Christmas I got mario odyssey and have been holding off playing it due to the 4.1.0 update (yes for 6 long months). Am I now right in thinking that a purely softmod cfw will be available soon for 4.1.0. Before I thought it was just possible for 3.0.0.

Is there any reason at all now to stay on 3.0.0

Also anyway to update to 4.1.0 and do the ntfs update at the same time?

Sorry if this has been asked, I did have a search in the forum.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mcfroogle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the help everyone, think I'll update with the update on Mario.
Then wait and just us a jig for atmosphere and sleep.

Thanks again!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 2MBs is all you need it's fine lol