Hacking Anti-fake code identification help

moozer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

Could somebody please clarify something?

The back of an Acekard 2i has a removeable sticker. Once removed, this reveals a code printed to the cart.

Are there supposed to be 4 sets of 5 digit numbers?

Also, do you have to enter all of these numbers onto the Acekard website to check for genuine carts? If so, do you include spaces between the 4 sets, put a dash between each or enter as a continuous (20 digit) number.

Thanks.

M

moozer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I tried each entry method where ALL digits are used and each reports back that my Acekard is a fake.

I bought it from an Acekard approved reseller and have had no issues with it - all updated and working fine with original Acekard firmware and AKAIO OS.

Should I be concerned?

moozer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Rydian said:
The codes can only be checked once, perhaps the store didn't realize this and checked the codes to make sure they weren't about to re-sell some fakes?

I kinda thought that, but not very good practice is it? With me having no problems with official software, etc. I don't feel I need to worry about it then!

Thanks for the input

Haggar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
The codes can only be checked once, perhaps the store didn't realize this and checked the codes to make sure they weren't about to re-sell some fakes?

I was able to check my code more than once. When I checked it for the second time, it still told me that the code is legit but it also told me it has been checked before.

Haggar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
moozer said:
Hi all,

Could somebody please clarify something?

The back of an Acekard 2i has a removeable sticker. Once removed, this reveals a code printed to the cart.

Are there supposed to be 4 sets of 5 digit numbers?

Also, do you have to enter all of these numbers onto the Acekard website to check for genuine carts? If so, do you include spaces between the 4 sets, put a dash between each or enter as a continuous (20 digit) number.

Thanks.

M

Check out this youtube video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NwVvPEy6fo

Don't enter spaces or dashes, otherwise even if the code is genuine the site will tell you it's counterfeit. Enter the 20 digits without spaces.

moozer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Haggar said:
Don't enter spaces or dashes, otherwise even if the code is genuine the site will tell you it's counterfeit. Enter the 20 digits without spaces.

Hi Haggar,

Just tried your suggestion but the Anti-Clone check said the code doesn't exist. Maybe, as Rydian pointed out, that the reseller has already done this to ensure they're not selling fakes.

Thanks for your help
wink.gif

Haggar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
moozer said:
Haggar said:

Hi Haggar,

Just tried your suggestion but the Anti-Clone check said the code doesn't exist. Maybe, as Rydian pointed out, that the reseller has already done this to ensure they're not selling fakes.

Thanks for your help
wink.gif

If the code was entered correctly and isn't identified then it appears to be a clone. You might want to contact Acekard to confirm that it is a counterfeit. As for the messages, Rydian could be right. I'm new to this and the only code I checked was for the Acekard 2i I recently purchased and it did allow me to enter the code more than once but it did warn me that the code had been previously checked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup