Another Wii Update

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
well that's the thing, i'm not exactly sure. When the news about the wiiware update was out, i first waited to see if it was safe. I think i updated yesterday, but it could also have been the day before yesterday

TonyCool

Trophies
Website
www.ndsspain.com
XP
Country
mmm Early April Fools Day Joke? Is there any "official" souce (besides Wiibrew) about Trucha-bug update fix?
I'm little skeptical about it...

Smudge249

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
not too sure what one we have, updated ours this morning before i knew about all this and the update crashed as our internet went (good old telefonica, spain) but went back to see later and noticed we have 3.2e. dont know if it updated itself last week while we were playing the wii as forgot i left that 24connect active. not played the wii since last wednesday so it couldnt have downloaded the new one as console was powered down completely but we are not sure what we have. all games are working fine........at moment anyway.

tried reading through all this lot and guess we will just have to wait and see for ours

apd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trucha-smucha I'm not arsed about freeloader or added blood in certain games as long as I can play Mario Kart with my Wiikey in April then I couldn't care less . Don't be getting homebrew greedy people there will no doubt be more exploits found in the future.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
TonyCool said:
mmm Early April Fools Day Joke? Is there any "official" souce (besides Wiibrew) about Trucha-bug update fix?
I'm little skeptical about it...

well it's real i think. they're talking about it in #wiidev (efnet)

screwed

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
this is sounding more and more untrue.
Has anyone actually updated and found that it does all the nasty things the rumors say?

I dont use Trucha, I have a D2C Key and want to update to get the new shop channel, has anyone really had problems with this?

Smudge249

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
from what i can understand it is true but the implications will not be felt until the menu update comes out - am totally new to this so could be wrong as still trying to understand it all (only just learnt what homebrew is and i thought it was tea)

screwed

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
do you have D2C Key?
And can you still play backups?

if you can.. then there is no worry as far as Im concerned

1337Nemo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i made the update and everything still works fine.

tested on wiikey -> pal -> all updates. Dublicated jap channels:

Brawl USA (trucha edited: Video Mode -> removed update) WORKS

eiz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
superrob said:
thebobevil said:
I have an unmodded Wii, and I use a Freeloader ... I have updated, and my Freeloader still works ... I have posted this a few times, now.
Becurse the Wii menu doesn't use the IOS37 jet.

I think members can post that a thousand times, some won't read or understand it and will continue posting that everything is working xD

Erroneus

Trophies
XP
Country
thebobevil said:
I have an unmodded Wii, and I use a Freeloader ... I have updated, and my Freeloader still works ... I have posted this a few times, now.

Oh man you rock!!! Thanks for giving out useless info. Here is a hint: The fix is not active

Marticuno

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
imyourxpan said:
why does the font look weird in the screenshot? it doesn't look like the font used by Nintendo, unless you can change your font that i don't know about.

It's a mockup...

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Erroneus said:
thebobevil said:

Oh man you rock!!! Thanks for giving out useless info. Here is a hint: The fix is not active

You people are missing my point ... the point is who ever heard of an inactive fix? You don't put in a fix without turning it on.

It is not a fix, if it does nothing yet.

And, if the fix is in there, just dormant, then it means you are fine to download updates right now, just don't download any more.

Plus, Datel always come out with new discs, when the old ones don't work anymore, and the replacement discs are always free, when you turn in your old disc.

So, for a lot of us, this so-called 'fix' doesn't change anything, really.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land