Another Wii Update

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
LokusT said:
Like I said, I don't have any modifications or anything but there is definitely another update. I'm trying to help you guys by telling you not to update it for now which only benefits you so I have neither anything to gain or lose.
smile.gif
You're not joking are you...
FFS go back and read the thread... WTF do you think it's about!!!

Thanks for trying to help and all but maybe you should try and read the thread you're posting in. We are discussing the update in question, not the WiiWare update that was released days ago.. the new one. The first post in this thread was made earlier today.

** I was being more than a little rude to the poster here, I apologise for that**

cyr0x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So I updated my Wii only for you guys:
Test Datels Freeloader - Works
Update Patched SSBB Backup - Works

So, no in this new update does NOT fix Trucha. But still: Update at your OWN risk!

/edit.
I read now that the "new" Update is a fake, I didn't know that but I did not make the shopping Channel update.
ohmy.gif

shtonkalot

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
awofadeju said:
Call me craxy but here what my screen showsOK you're craxy!
Xeronage said:
Its probably just some lamo who put up the fake message. I trust Ch0p, so I wont update for a long time.. Not until someone figures out alternate firmware versions we can upload to the WiiThat looks like it. Someone just edited the Wiki with the fake message, if you look at the edits you can see the history.QUOTE(nextnomura @ Mar 23 2008, 08:42 PM)
hmm...
i don't think there's a real system update..
Well that seems to be referring to Wii Menu updates, these last two updates don't change the system version number.

awofadeju

Trophies
Website
www.wiipals.net
XP
Country
wait 1 min..i updated my wii from the message i got in the mail.. i ddint actually go 2 system update and search then found a new update and update my console..does that mean i installed the wiiware 1 ?

LokusT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
shtonkalot said:
LokusT said:
Like I said, I don't have any modifications or anything but there is definitely another update. I'm trying to help you guys by telling you not to update it for now which only benefits you so I have neither anything to gain or lose.
smile.gif
You're not joking are you...
FFS go back and read the thread... WTF do you think it's about!!!

Thanks for trying to help and all but maybe you should try and read the thread you're posting in. We are discussing the update in question, not the WiiWare update that was released days ago.. the new one. The first post in this thread was made earlier today.

I'm not talking about the Wiiware update either hence me saying "another update". If you wish for me to elaborate further in spite of your rudeness towards someone trying to do you a favour, then I shall do so for you.

I received the Wiiware message on the 20th I believe? Updated at that time when I received that. A couple of days later, that being today, I saw the news about another undocumented update possibly affecting Trucha signed discs/Freeloader/etc and some people seemed unsure that an update existed. Being that my wii is 1. unmodded. 2. unaccompanied by a Freeloader. and 3. owned by a noob that doesn't know what thread he's talking in, apparently, I figured I'd actually check to see if said update existed. Lo and behold, I had a firmware update. As stated before, I do not know the ins and outs of what it does, I was just posting to confirm the new update. But well, whatever I guess. Go update your Wii if you still think I'm talking about the Wiiware one. So much for trying to help people.

QUOTE(awofadeju @ Mar 23 2008, 09:59 AM)
wait 1 min..i updated my wii from the message i got in the mail.. i ddint actually go 2 system update and search then found a new update and update my console..does that mean i installed the wiiware 1 ?

if you hadn't updated before for the Wiiware channel update, I suppose it is possible that they could've rebundled the update with this second update. I can't honestly confirm that though. If you had updated for Wiiware and updated again using the update button on the same message from a couple of days ago, it may have installed the new update. I assume that's how the update button works in those messages. Just a hotlink to the same instruction used by the Wii System Update in the Wii menu.

Apakarta

Trophies
XP
Country
i just have 1 msg in mail...so is it really a new update cuz everytime its a new update nintendo should send a msg

shtonkalot

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
LokusT said:
I'm not talking about the Wiiware update either hence me saying "another update". If you wish for me to elaborate further in spite of your rudeness towards someone trying to do you a favour, then I shall do so for you.
That was my whole point, you are just saying the same thing that has been said. It is not a question of whether the update exists or not. You are doing me no favours by presenting your amazing findings that there is a new update at the end of a thread about that new update.
The only people who are questioning whether there is indeed a new update or not are the ones that don't read the information available both within this thread and a couple of others here. The first post of this thread contains the very reliable source that the info came from. You think your opinion is better confirmation than that!?

I appreciate it when people try to help. I don't like it when people just point out the obvious after coming late to the party.

LokusT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You totally forget the fact that some people were unsure if the update even existed and I was confirming my own test to find out. I thought this was a forum, not a private messaging board for you.

shtonkalot

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
LokusT said:
You totally forget the fact that some people were unsure if the update even existed and I was confirming my own test to find out. I thought this was a forum, not a private messaging board for you.
To ANYONE who doubts that this update either exists or contains anything that may affect your use of Trucha signed games/Wii Homebrew channel or the Datel Freeloader, Check the source of the information: http://wiibrew.org/index.php?title=IOS37
This is where the info comes from and it's a very reliable source in my opinion and it seems the opinion of the site Admin that put the warning on the Front Page.

If you'd like to send me a message that helps out no one else who's posting here in this thread please do that here in a private messaging board for me.
wink2.gif

stev418

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Strange, the link goes to the announcement by admin that states "This is not yet confirmed reliably so stay tuned for more information, or join in the discussion in the following thread. must be the wrong link

And for those posters or mods, (cant seem to tell the difference around this board) who read everything as fact from wiibrew, this is what they say about freeloader.

"The Datel Freeloader disc is probably a modified version of their GameCube product. The disc's header is marked as RFLP5D (for the PAL version), and it contains one encrypted partition with the ID DTLX01. It exploits the same signature verification bug as trucha signer, and an unknown method to frustrate attempts to dump the disc using standard methods. It contains a small apploader which appears to patch the system menu. There are no files in the FST, and there does not appear to be a DOL"

With words like "probably", "unknown method", "appears" & "does not appear" I cant say I will take much else of what they say as confirmed/reliable.

I dont doubt the update may affect exploits/bugs, obviously nintendo are trying very hard to stop such things, my point is that others such as datel also have the experience to avoid/counter such fixes.

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
stev418 said:
I dont doubt the update may affect exploits/bugs, obviously nintendo are trying very hard to stop such things, my point is that others such as datel also have the experience to avoid/counter such fixes.

Their Wii compatible Gamecube freeloader was countered soon after release with the release of the 3.0x firmware. The problem you have today is you can't counter a firmware that isn't out yet.

stev418

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
http://wiibrew.org/index.php?title=IOS37

There it is: Freeloader will stop working with everything else that is not correctly signed!

..like i said, i dont read whats at wiibrew for fact. Well it might "probably appear" to be
wink.gif

legendofphil said:
stev418 said:

Their Wii compatible Gamecube freeloader was countered soon after release with the release of the 3.0x firmware. The problem you have today is you can't counter a firmware that isn't out yet.

To my understanding the gamecube freeloader was blocked, and then datel released a wii compatible gamecube freeloader that is still usable on the wii? am i mistaken?

This is from the codejunkies site:
"Compatibility with Nintendo Wii
Freeloader, Action Replay and SD Media Launcher have all been updated to be 100% compatible with the Wii running any firmware version. As the manufacturer we carry only the latest stock which is guaranteed to work with your Wii."

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The original freeloader (well the versions released before the Wii came out) didn't all work on the Wii (I think only one did and not on all console), so Datel brought out the new "Wii" version and that got blocked by the 3.0x firmware.

stev418

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ok, strange that they still have that guaranteed on all firmware statement on the product page?? Their site seems to be up to date. Maybe I should just buy one to try
wink.gif

santorix10

Trophies
Website
rememberthe8bit.googlepages.com
XP
Country
United States
bailli said:
Trucha Signer doesn't sign the disc correctly (you would need the private RSA key only Nintendo and maybe some developers possess)

Do you think that Nintendo would give the key out to developers? There's no point, the developers have devkits that run unsigned code anyway. So, it would be silly to potentially give them the ability to leak the key.
smile.gif

By the way, who cares about WiiWare, and any minor bugs that this might fix? Just don't update until you absolutely need to. There's a saying for this kind of thing, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WUOq1dlZWxI?si=LBlEJwZfwtWShljP lol Denmark can't handle the spice