Hacking Another Super Mario Bros. Wii - Release

skawo96

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

Logosmall.png

Yes, guys, this is what I've been working on for past six months. Well, turns out it's an another (no pun intended) hack of New Super Mario Bros. Wii! It's not Newer after a nameswap: it's a completely separate project.

That being said, the project is smaller than Newer: Don't expect Custom World Maps or your Wii flying. However, all levels are changed (along with coin battle, ambushes and other brouhaha), some tilesets and background have been made, and also a few small ASM hacks. Superguide and Hint Movies were not made because I'd have to delay the game past the holiday season then.

The game starts of at the difficulty of New Super Mario Bros. Wii, and continues like that to W4. It picks drastically up at World 5.

Everything regarding the install and use is explained in the Manual I included with the rar.

So you'd probably want to see some footage, eh?
Trailer
Gameplay of 7-2

Download your package here.

Have fun I guess. And just because this is GBAtemp, I'm gonna post this:

Repacking the ISO with just the files from the RAR is not gonna work; even if you include the AnotherRes folder. You will get a crash or immediate death in 2-Castle. It's not an anti-piracy attempt: ASM written for the game removes hardcoded stuff in the game (The looping-pathways thing). The ASM is done via an Riivolution patch, so it will not work on USB loaders as-is.

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sweet!
thanks!
will play forsure!

duffmmann said:
So what do I have to do to get this to run on a usb loader then?

my geuss would be replace game files with the new 1's ,
and then update the fst and bin (or use the files in the rar /if there/ to replace the bin and fst....

...but i would say its alot easier to just toss this on the SD and load as intended.

megazig

SU
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
load as intended?

you need to rewrite the asm as gecko codes. it has custom Riivolution patches and hooks that you need to convert to properly make it work with a loader. replacing the files will almost work except that you miss out on features and bug fixes and won't make it past the 2-castle or something

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yes indeed , load as intended with Riivolution , megazig ... i ended up reading the info before i played it.

QUOTE said:
Q. The game glitches at the castle in World 2! What to do?
A. You either tried to compile an ISO with all the files in the archive like I told you not to in the first question, or you did something wrong when installing the game
i assumed ...once i saw the Riivolution name , and a few nicks in credits ....that this would have hacks requiring more then just merging files and useing the fstcreator and uneekdi to allow me to enjoy this.

so yep pulled out the disk and 'loaded as intended' for full effect and no crashing.

...nice work, always love new levels but this is better !

thanks for the update diddy81

im surprised the 'peeps' aren't all over this thread

anyway , thank you

SKAWO
BulletBillTime
Antnee
Smouvmaster
Pop006
Treeki
Tempus
Diddy81
Omega
Megazig
AerialX
Angel-SL
Tobias Amaranth

for the time, effort and software.

Pop006

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you for the thanks, I worked very very hard for about a day to do the little bit of stuff skawo needed me to do...
The longest part was actually making the custom cover that he didn't release, I wonder if he would mind if i posted it here
smile.gif

I got the go ahead:

anothercover.png

amwp01.png

amwp01d.png

amwp01d2.png

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
fancy art work .. thanks.

i think ill do some meddling around,
so i can add most of this kool game to usb.

then i can show of the cover & game from my thumb drive,
at some friends and family's from usbloader.....
im not bringing my disk outside, not in this weather.
plus there is artwork to add completion.

thanks to all 1ce again ! happy holiday season !

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
I've got a working USB ISO, and I'm working on a patch for it so I can upload it to the internetz. It uses, with a small mod, Skawo's original 2-Castle level.

Already created a page for it on WiiTDB - ASMB01 TitleID. I accidentally uploaded the wrong cover, but I'm waiting for my custom one to get 'approved' by the admins.

I have it in an NTSC ISO, and it works on WiiFlow no problem. It also runs on Dolphin, if that's your fancy. I'll edit this when I have my patch ready. Should be tomorrow.

edit: I also changed the save file information so that the game has a different save file than NSMBWii so that you don't use your regular NSMBWii save data and 'cheat' to get past levels...

picano

Trophies
Website
soifall.net
XP
Country
United States
Just 100%'d it today (though, I'm a bit annoyed that I apparently hit one of the help blocks and have no sparles...). Awesome mod! Even more anxious for Newer thanks to it.

Would be cool to get it working via USB loader (for convenience sake) so I'll keep watch on that.

Also... just what happens with the save file anyway? I read about the redirection (so that it doesn't end up in the normal save manager) and am just curious.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, How do you feel?