Hardware Another look at the Circle Pad Pro

MakiManPR

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Eeeehh...I'll pass. I'll wait for the next 3DS revision. This...thing isn't mandatory I mean you can play perfectly fine without it

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Still waiting on the 3DS revision. But if it doesn't have a second analog (although it probably will), I hope they make this for it.
A revision would add more things, but it might also remove some things such as DS compatibility so it may not be worth waiting for.
wont happen, the 3ds is as it is, get over it.
the circle pad pro is an addon, that means, addon=no revision.
addon=money
oh, here come the flames, cuase you read what you didnt want to see.
but you read it.....
How's that logic going for you? Oh wait, it's not. I'm not sure I should dignify your post with a response.

Making an addon for a handheld system does not even imply that it will never receive another revision. "addon=no revision" doesn't make an ounce of sense
And if you think addons= money, what do you think new features and revisions equal? Way, way more money.
Give me a break, man. Stop using Insane Troll Logic to try to make yourself feel better about your purchase. The 3DS is less of a finished product than the DS lite was.

Reactions: 1 person

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I won't exactly see a redesign THAT soon. But as far as I know all previous handheld redesigns did not add any additional D-Pads / A and B / whatever. :unsure:

The 3DS is less of a finished product than the DS lite was.
Not wanting to be fanboy but just asking. before the PSV was announced, did so many people actually complain that there's no second stick?

Personally, I think the 3DS really sucked in the software at launch. If only it had all the online features...

Reactions: 1 person

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Passing. I can deal without a lunch tray stuck to the back of my device. Also AAA are expensive and I don't want to get a charger.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Still waiting on the 3DS revision. But if it doesn't have a second analog (although it probably will), I hope they make this for it.
A revision would add more things, but it might also remove some things such as DS compatibility so it may not be worth waiting for.
wont happen, the 3ds is as it is, get over it.
the circle pad pro is an addon, that means, addon=no revision.
addon=money
oh, here come the flames, cuase you read what you didnt want to see.
but you read it.....
How's that logic going for you? Oh wait, it's not. I'm not sure I should dignify your post with a response.

Making an addon for a handheld system does not even imply that it will never receive another revision. "addon=no revision" doesn't make an ounce of sense
And if you think addons= money, what do you think new features and revisions equal? Way, way more money.
Give me a break, man. Stop using Insane Troll Logic to try to make yourself feel better about your purchase. The 3DS is less of a finished product than the DS lite was.

Someone's forgetting about Nintendo's typical revision system.

Wiimote ---> WiiMotion Plus add-on = You don't need to buy a new remote! ---> Wiimote Plus, now Wiimotes are much more expensive despite the fact that maybe 10 games use the MotionPlus add-on.

DS is a bit too big, hinges break often, so do the screens. ---> DS Lite! Hinges still break, but at least the screens are better! ---> DSi! Because we need to rival PSN store somehow. Who cares that no games really utilize the DSi's extra processing power, at least we have DSiWare. ---> DSi XL, because the previous one was too small. For... some... I guess?

Gamecube! ---> Didn't sell very well, what to do with the architecture... ---> Let's add motion controls, change the CPU and GPU and call it a Wii! That'll sell! ---> IT DID!

LOL@Being blind when it comes to Nintendo's marketing strategies.

Reactions: 2 people

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
All I have to say is...

Mega_Drive_II_(PAL)_%2B_Mega-CD_II_(PAL)_%2B_32X_(PAL).jpg

600px-Satellaview_with_Super_Famicom.jpg

Circle-Pad-Pro-Pal-release-date-1079344.jpg

Welcome Back, early 90ties!

Reactions: 3 people

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Super Famicom System was beautifully design. I loved it more than a purple Super Nintendo System version. What a ugly one.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I want it, looks comfortable. Why hate it cause it's a bit big if it makes the handheld more comfortable? :)

I don't think it does, and I'm not hating on the circlepad because despite the fact that it "adds useful buttons to the console", I'm hating on it because the console was supposed to have them from the start. I'd also design it in a more symetric manner, have the screens in the center rather than aligned to the left, even at the cost of having to add another L button. Because that'd make sense to me.

I also don't like how you need to remove the 3DS from the circlepad to switch games - pointless.

I'd really, really prefere to buy a 3DS lite rather than attempt CPR on the 3DS that lacked some functionality from the start.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
I also don't like how you need to remove the 3DS from the circlepad to switch games - pointless.

Without it blocking the card slot, the only area that would be restricting the device while in the unit would be the spot where the IR port is, as the rest of that back end would have no "wall" to hug up against. I think it's basically designed this way so that it is more structurally sound.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

Without it blocking the card slot, the only area that would be restricting the device while in the unit would be the spot where the IR port is, as the rest of that back end would have no "wall" to hug up against. I think it's basically designed this way so that it is more structurally sound.

While this is true, putting the 3DS in the Circlepad replaces the R button altogether, giving the designers ample space to put some friction there rather then the dead center of the console.

That, and it shouldn't be based on friction alone anyways - why not the typical "click" hooks? If you had access to the slot, why would you even conscider taking your 3DS out of the Circlepad? Ah, to replace Circlepad batteries. Because the battery bay is ON THE INSIDE PART for some reason.

Seriously, it "seems" genious design but isn't.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
two thing i hate about the circle pad pro.
1. Makes the 3DS look more to the left-side, and is uneven compared to the right-side.
2. You need separate batteries for it, would have been better if it came with its own rechargeable batteries + charger, or if it ran on the 3DS battery.

things i love about the circle pad pro.
1. Allows more options in terms of playing specific games.
2. Allows easier handling in certain games (i.e. MH3DS)
3. Looks like a protective case for the bottom part.
4. Looks pretty cool.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Okay. Let me breakdown my hate and love.

HATE
1. It makes the system REALLY bulky from looks. The battery also requires a screwdriver/coin to replace.

2. It makes the system lesser portable if you want to bring it out.

LOVE
1. Nonetheless it gives much better controls. The 3DS feels more like an actual controller.

2. It protects the lower portion of the system and gives better grip.

Personally I find that the second stick isn't even in the original design of the 3DS in the start. Should be added from the start? That would be nice but... Don't think it's really a need.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM