Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Blunt said:
kosheh said:
by 'everything works fine', I mean it works fine on an Acekard with no AP patching. I didn't ruin the game. :{

I have no way to test the game on a R4. But it you're playing it on Wood, more likely than not it'll be fine.
tongue.gif

you can send me the patch if you like, i have a R4 card and since im not a douchebag i guess im not a bad choice
ohnoes.png
lol, I didn't say anyone was a douche. x)

However, I wanna do one more thing before I release a patch to the masses, and that's the names of the Ultimate Techniques that show up on the bottom screen. But don't worry, none of you will have to wait very long -- for every three attacks there's one Ultimate Tech. And most of them are in Katakana, there will be far less text-shifting issues than with the attacks.

Oh that and I've translated all the bottom-screen special attacks already, lol

EDIT: oh geez.
how did i forget

I have an old genuine R4 sitting somewhere in my room. I'll update it to use wood later today and test it out :3c

SABERinBLUE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't speak japanese beyond the barest cursory understanding of the language from watching a lot of anime, so I can't speak with authority, but it seems to me that a certain knowledge of the show would be needed to properly translate the Challenge Mode descriptions. I've played through the first two pages and I can usually tell what the theme of any given stage is, like the first stage is the Crane School students, Chiaotzu and Tenshinhan. The second is the Turtle School students, Yamcha, Krillin, and Goku. Later I saw things like all Saiyans, all of the Ginyu Force, Yamcha seven million times in a row for some reason, and the last one I beat was basically every participant in the Frieza Saga in order of power level. So it's a lot of contextual stuff that requires a knowledge of the source material.

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SABERinBLUE said:
I don't speak japanese beyond the barest cursory understanding of the language from watching a lot of anime, so I can't speak with authority, but it seems to me that a certain knowledge of the show would be needed to properly translate the Challenge Mode descriptions. I've played through the first two pages and I can usually tell what the theme of any given stage is, like the first stage is the Crane School students, Chiaotzu and Tenshinhan. The second is the Turtle School students, Yamcha, Krillin, and Goku. Later I saw things like all Saiyans, all of the Ginyu Force, Yamcha seven million times in a row for some reason, and the last one I beat was basically every participant in the Frieza Saga in order of power level. So it's a lot of contextual stuff that requires a knowledge of the source material.
...probably.

SABERinBLUE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chiaotzu never says much of anything that doesn't have to do with Tenshinhan, honestly. He did train with Kami (well, with Popo, Kami's loyal genie thing) so maybe he's talking about...hell, I dunno.

Oh right, you might not know. "Kami" in the context of Dragonball is a Namekian who, under the authority of something mystical or other, presides over Earth in a spiritual context and is the creator of the Dragonballs. The Dragonballs are bound to his life force and subject to his health. In the case of the first Kami in the series, "The Namekian who has forgotten his name" (and therefore just referred to as Kami in the show) he had to purify himself by splitting his inherent evil into a seperate entity in order to become Kami. That entity became Piccolo Daimaou, and just before Goku killed him he spat out an egg that hatched into Piccolo. Therefore, Piccolo and Kami are bound together, and when Piccolo dies, Kami dies, and the Dragonballs become useless spheres of rock. That's why they had to go to Namek after the Saiyan Saga, to use the Namekian Dragonballs to revive their friends, especially Piccolo so they could use the Earth Dragonballs again. During the Cell Saga, Piccolo re-fused with Kami to gain a massive powerup, and Dende, the young Namekian from the Frieza Saga, became the new Kami of Earth.

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SABERinBLUE said:
Chiaotzu never says much of anything that doesn't have to do with Tenshinhan, honestly. He did train with Kami (well, with Popo, Kami's loyal genie thing) so maybe he's talking about...hell, I dunno.

Oh right, you might not know. "Kami" in the context of Dragonball is a Namekian who, under the authority of something mystical or other, presides over Earth in a spiritual context and is the creator of the Dragonballs. The Dragonballs are bound to his life force and subject to his health. In the case of the first Kami in the series, "The Namekian who has forgotten his name" (and therefore just referred to as Kami in the show) he had to purify himself by splitting his inherent evil into a seperate entity in order to become Kami. That entity became Piccolo Daimaou, and just before Goku killed him he spat out an egg that hatched into Piccolo. Therefore, Piccolo and Kami are bound together, and when Piccolo dies, Kami dies, and the Dragonballs become useless spheres of rock. That's why they had to go to Namek after the Saiyan Saga, to use the Namekian Dragonballs to revive their friends, especially Piccolo so they could use the Earth Dragonballs again. During the Cell Saga, Piccolo re-fused with Kami to gain a massive powerup, and Dende, the young Namekian from the Frieza Saga, became the new Kami of Earth.
I was playing DBZ Attack of the Saiyans yesterday and I JUST NOW finished the 23rd Tournament (where Goku fights Piccolo Jr.) and Kami was all old and whiny "just keel me tiennnnn piccolo dies too if you do that" and tien was like "no man we need you goku can do this" and after the battle he was like "I MADE PICCOLO JR LOL TROLLED BY NAMEKIAN", so I coincidentally knew who Kami was just before you posted. x)

hopefully it'll fill in all those gaps at the beginning of DBZ for me x)

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hey noobs im double posting guess waht

new patch uploaded. go play with it.

http://filetrip.net/f24121-DragonBall-Kai-Ultimate-Butouden-[English-Translation]-53.html

I've been working nonstop. @_@ I'm gonna take a break from this project for a few days; I work the next few days (you know, the place you go and do things for others in order to earn money)

oh and i'm hungry so i'm gonna go eat lunch before i go to work lol
but yeah, enjoy ok

I kinda kinda KINDA wanna work on One Piece Gigant Battle but I'm afraid I'd need my bff Noitora's help on that...soooooo

it can wait >:

badgerkins

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sorry to post again but I downloaded the files and I can't find the batch file. I can only drag the rom onto the xdelta.exe but I don't remember doing this with your previous patch.

SABERinBLUE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kosheh said:
I kinda kinda KINDA wanna work on One Piece Gigant Battle but I'm afraid I'd need my bff Noitora's help on that...soooooo

it can wait >:

Oh my god. I would service you sexually if you worked on Gigant Battle. If it's story info you'd need help with I could do that.

SABERinBLUE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can also use xdelta gui (I had one sitting around from some other patch) and when selecting the patch file, you choose All File Types and then select the patch.bat in this release. That works fine as well.

FrankensteinTank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, thank you for the great patch.
However, I noticed if you try to do Adult Gohan SSJ's Ultimate Special Move, the Super Kamehameha, the screen goes white and the sound continues to play.
I'm using a SuperCard DSTWO, if that matters.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==