ROM Hack ANOTHER DragonBall Kai Ultimate Butouden Translation

Romruto

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
on v0.02 Adult Gohan says Young Gohan. Was wondering if that's an error? You should use Fat Buu over Good Buu, even though now, buu is good. And for Kid Majin Buu, you should use "Kid Buu".

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
habababa said:
Elza's work is a very messy translation.No string length adjustments,etc..
I'm very glad a better translation came out.

Actually, I also started my own translation.
I've already translated about 60% of the text data,with DBZ Supersonic Warriors as my reference
for most of the attacks and the story.

For strings that won't fit max length of about 25 chars for the screen width, maybe replace or edit the 16x16 font?
Hey that's cool bro :V
Why didn't I think of using Supersonic Warriors as a reference? >_> I just tried it like a few months ago. I know next to nothing about DBZ so it'd help massively, lol

koimayeul said:
QUOTE said:
I'm glad to help you.
I support your project because this one is more open and cooperative.
rolleyes.gif

that the spirit.. not only this one is better but there is.. well.. this open and cooperative part making the other a fool of itself.. so nice!!
smile.gif

little flamin but i think its well served when silly egotrip are taking place *cough*
Well you wouldn't believe who just messaged me and asked to start working on one unified patch with me. x)

Yes, Elza and about four people that look like question marks have decided to team up with me on my patch. Which yeah; is cool for the most part. Elza currently has a minor-ish role atm compared to what I'm about to start on tomorrow. I'm going to be increasing text spaces and goofing with pointers and all sorts of crazy shit

...and Elza just has to rewrite text, lol
He's busy with school (and also 9 years younger than me, what)

I've still got the open-cooperative attitude goin' on - any mistakes you find and Elza or I will fix it. And yes, my sweet GBATemp, you can help me translate stuff :3c

....starting now.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0As...uthkey=CIyX15IM

Hats available to translate; BEHOLD the complicated SPREADSHEET hosted on google docs
Gonna add the rest whenever because the spreadsheet was a PAIN to make lol

QUOTE(Romruto @ Feb 8 2011, 02:53 PM)
on v0.02 Adult Gohan says Young Gohan. Was wondering if that's an error? You should use Fat Buu over Good Buu, even though now, buu is good. And for Kid Majin Buu, you should use "Kid Buu".

I hadn't unlocked Adult Gohan yet; but since the name totally fits within that space it shouldn't be hard to fix. The direct translation was "Gohan (Young Adult)" so

i assumed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and you know what they say about those who assume!!!!!!!!!!!!

N-TG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Well If you need anything with the story here's is a nerd that know a lot and know a bit of Japanese (5th -lower- degree) that can help.

Saw the spread sheet and I don't know if I can help. Since I can't read a lot of Kanji's, but I know the story and it has a very simple use of Hiragana-Katagana that I can read I will wait for that spread sheet (if you make one
tongue.gif
)

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
N-TG said:
Well If you need anything with the story here's is a nerd that know a lot and know a bit of Japanese (5th -lower- degree) that can help.

Saw the spread sheet and I don't know if I can help. Since I can't read a lot of Kanji's, but I know the story and it has a very simple use of Hiragana-Katagana that I can read I will wait for that spread sheet (if you make one
tongue.gif
)
Well, the item descriptions need some DBZ trivia to get nicer
tongue.gif
For example, I have no idea if the great Saiyaman really says "There isn't a bad guy I forgive!" or if he has a tackier quote
tongue.gif

alexg1989

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WOW Kosheh that's great news that you guys are going to start working together on one unified patch. It'd only make sense...

This thing should get done faster now...

I'd like to help to though I don't know Japanese. The only thing I feel I can do is give you guys some suggestions on what to name the fighting areas, venues, arenas or whatever...

I'll start from left to right... (I understand there's some sort of limit on characters so I'll try to keep that in mind)

1st Row:

Plain
Destroyed City (or Future)
Kami's Temple
Budokai (or Tenkaichi/Tournament)
Namek

2nd Row:

Mountains
Mountain Road (or Road)
Time Chamber (or Chamber)
Cell Games
Dying Namek

3rd Row:

Island
King Kai's Planet (or Kai Planet)
Cell Games v2
City Destroyed (Not sure what this place even is. It's either Trunk's destroyed future, or the planet where they fought Broly)

The very last area I'm pretty sure is the Supreme Kai's World so maybe (S.Kai World)?

Dann Woolf

Deadpan Snarker
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So will you two be translating the story? If I'm not mistaken, Elza's patch was going to translate the story but yours wasn't.

Also, am I the only one suppressing the urge to make a fusion-related joke?

Also also, alexg1989: I think that City Destroyed level is Planet Meat.

Zomby_2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a heads up and I am not sure if anyone else posted this already, but it is not working on the R4 with wood 1.20. Although I am not sure if that is the newest firmware since I only test games on it.

QuentinBlackk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zomby_2 said:
Just a heads up and I am not sure if anyone else posted this already, but it is not working on the R4 with wood 1.20. Although I am not sure if that is the newest firmware since I only test games on it.

Actually, that reminds me. Since the two translation parties are combining, there will still be an AP patched version of the translation? Understandable if thats not even #5 on the list of priorities.

XIIIth Hour

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've noticed that at the "BATTLE START" screen (the one right before a fight in cpu and training mode) Vegeta SSJ 2's name shows up as "Vegeta SSJ Lv. 2 Vegeta Majin". Some extraneous text strings maybe? Also, "Vegitto" should be "Vegito" if you're going by the English anime.

The rest seems great so far. Thanks for all your hard work! Much appreciated.

.Chris

Clueless
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, thats understandable. Elza released a really simple (beta?) patch(for the settings) before you.

Anyway, thanks! keep up with the good work.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to make a better patch than Elza you need to translate the story. I like how you included all the stuff needed in the patch unlike someone else we know.
wink.gif

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dann Woolf said:
So will you two be translating the story? If I'm not mistaken, Elza's patch was going to translate the story but yours wasn't.

Also, am I the only one suppressing the urge to make a fusion-related joke?

Also also, alexg1989: I think that City Destroyed level is Planet Meat.
Elza actually wanted to name it the "Fusion Patch" literally like five minutes after discussing the...well, patch fusion. I laughed and told him it was the worst pun ever.
Luckily for you guys, Elza joining the team and his question-mark cronies means that you are indeed going to get a story translation. =D
I myself, however won't be touching the story.

I HATE STORIES

also; I thought Dying Namek was like "Namek Core" - for some reason IIRC while playing through the story, Frieza shoot something so mighty that the top layer of Namek is torn off and with all the crap flying around I thought he tore like, hundreds of feet of ground layer off Namek
tongue.gif

But I do appreciate the support, alex :V Thanks for the help with the stages

and lol @ planet meat

QUOTE(XIIIth Hour @ Feb 8 2011, 09:58 PM) I've noticed that at the "BATTLE START" screen (the one right before a fight in cpu and training mode) Vegeta SSJ 2's name shows up as "Vegeta SSJ Lv. 2 Vegeta Majin". Some extraneous text strings maybe? Also, "Vegitto" should be "Vegito" if you're going by the English anime.

The rest seems great so far. Thanks for all your hard work! Much appreciated.
Actually, I forgot to do the text...uh, bracketing if you will. I JUST fixed it right now.

Btw, I know I wrote Vegeta Majin, but if a DBZ nerd can fill me in; "Majin" translates to "Evil" like "Bad Guy". What exactly is that form of Vegeta called in the dub with the weird scribble on his head?
And is it "Adult Gohan" or "Future Gohan"? I played a little of Budokai Tenkaichi 3 today; it seems like
yeah

Also, I found out the hat in the accessories is actually the Ox-King Hat. You don't know how proud of myself i am. x)

XIIIth Hour

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
All the games I've played listed that form of Vegeta as Majin Vegeta or Vegeta (Majin) or some combination thereof. Either way, Majin is the most popular term used for that form.

The oldest Gohan in the game is "Adult Gohan". The "Future Gohan" that's in Tenkaichi 3 is from Future Trunk's alternate...future. He died.

Oh, and congrats with the Ox-King Hat.
happy.gif

Hiruma9702

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
What you did is just GREAT dude, but it won't work if you AP patch it to fix the Nintendo Start Fix screen please just do somethin ...

I'm using first a clean rom (i need it for your patch) i do patch it but then, Raku Raku Patcher 1.2 doesn't wan't to AP patch it ...

So do i have to play the ELZA version that works with AP patch ? please HEEEEEELP
cry.gif
I'm becomin mad cause i just can't get your patch to work with AP patch
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif

It's drivin me totally mad PLEASE HELP ME (i'm usin R4 SDHC with the last menu 1.32B)

Hiruma9702

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Rayder said:
The AP patch code was in the release thread....

balhor said:
here the solution :

you guys need raku raku patcher 1.2 : http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=13002

apply these codes on the rom:

00004610: 3B B2 07 B0 6D C7 C9 62 9D F3 40 1D 15 59 1F FF ? 00 00 9F E5 1E FF 2F E1 CF B3 00 00 00 00 9F E5
00004620: 06 BE 0B 71 B3 55 8D 8B 2E F7 D1 17 84 59 DC 67 ? 1E FF 2F E1 DD A2 00 00 07 40 2D E9 1C 00 9F E5
00004630: 40 1B 0A 1E D7 C3 DD F1 68 2E 7E EA 41 B2 08 06 ? 1C 10 9F E5 00 20 91 E5 02 00 50 E1 14 00 9F 05
00004640: 5B 9B 93 4B 73 01 C8 7C B6 EA 63 46 ? 00 00 81 05 0C 00 80 02 3C 00 81 05
0000464D: B0 ED 6A 73 13 50 66 B5 47 A6 B8 0C 0C F1 2C ? 80 BD E8 20 AB 12 02 F8 8E 12 02 10 27 00 02
000049F8: 1E ? 0A
000049FA: 2F E1 ? FF EA

have fun ! Works great on m3i Zero

Hope that helps you. Kudos to you and Elza for working on a translation. Too bad you guys can't really collaborate and truly combine your efforts.

that's the code i'm usin and raku raku doesn't want to patch the translated 2.0 version that's disappointing and annoying, so PLEASE FIND THE SOLUTION

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    13,600 MB/s though
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I got a 980 pro iirc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soldigms been pretty solid
    yeh 980 pro
    good enough tbf
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/gMNhZNI never heard about them but reviews are good
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Crucial SSDs work fine. I have one installed in my Xbox.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reviews seem positive.
    I believe I had some Patriot RAM running in a computer somewhere
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $250 is pretty solid considering
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With the refund it'll be about $150
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    6tb nvme pc ftw
    500 GB NVMe, 750 GB
    SATA SSD 1 TB HDD
    honestly I don't play pc games
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't game
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Once I buy this I'll be around 20tb worth of storage tho if we're talking all my drives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All this crap I got and all I do is pick up the GabeDick to fiddle with his happy stick
    idk the total storage cap I have
    50 TB orso
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I don't play PC games often. Mostly its all 90s-00s games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hm doing research quite possible my issue with this drive is bios related not detecting it fully
    run crystaldisk?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't think it would do much if gnome live even sees it as 2mb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vmd issue possibly
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Vmd issue possibly