Hacking Another bricked wii question - need help

`krayzie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi All,

Before you say not another one of these fn threads, I need a simple question answered,

Background,

I have a launch wii with wiikey installed

Done all the soft modding on the wii, everything worked fine, Loaded the hard disk loader with Metroid prime trilogy (didnt brick block) on it and bang game crashed and wii spend ages trying to reboot and the controller turned into a womans best friend and vibrated crazy non stop,

After about 5 mins i turned the wii off, Then black screen and bricked wii,

Now i know its not the bluetooth cause i can turn the wii onwith the wiimote but it wont sync and wiimote turns off, I have boot2 installed as preloader but it wont load when i press power and hold reset, If i turn on the wii from the wiimote and hold the + and - it loads but because the wiimote wont sync it turns off boot2 after about 3 seconds, I dont own a gamecube controller but am wondering if anyone else has had this issue and it works with a gamecube controller,

if so i will go out and buy one as i should be able to recover.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I have boot2 installed as preloader
This doesn't make any sense. Boot2 and preloader are not related. Do you mean bootmii as boot2 AND Preloader?

You just say you did the softmodding. What softmodding did you do?

You didn't by chance try to use one of those IOS60 patchers did you as part of the modding? They're brick tools now.

If you can't get to the health screen, the GC controller won't help, seeing that the system menu needs to work for svaemiifrii to work.

`krayzie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah bootmii not boot2

I used one of those guides for 4.1 every thing was fine for a few days no issue it was only when i tried to load metroid prime trilogy it crashed,

I just find it strange i can load the bootmii menu but it turns off because the wiimote wont sync, so i cant even use the power and reset buttons to move it.

shepe

Trophies
XP
Country
Not making much sense m8 the wiimote isn't supposed to sync when the bootmii screen is shown as bootmii runs on mini not ios so has no drivers for wiimote, you 100% sure you cant navigate the menus with eject button etc? failing that get hold of a gamecube controller

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Switching my home routing/firewall solution from pfsense to OPNsense. Boy how I hate networking...