Hacking ANNOUNCING: GATEWAY 2.0 “OMEGA” PRIVATE BETA

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sure hope there isn't a brick code anymore, I'd love to actually use my Gateway now... :unsure:

I think I'll hold out on updating for now, I'm still busy beating Kirby Triple Deluxe on my R4.

You are the biggest whiner on this entire website, you know. Even people with a legitimate brick complain and moan about Gateway less than you do. Just pointing this out. Carry on.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It wont work, the loader checks a few times for a real gateway card, and its never worked with other cards

XavierSylfaen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if it's been mentioned yet because fuck reading through 35 pages of a thread, but I thought I'd mention the leaked beta is up on TPB. No linking because rules but it shouldn't be hard to find.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Not sure if it's been mentioned yet because fuck reading through 35 pages of a thread, but I thought I'd mention the leaked beta is up on TPB. No linking because rules but it shouldn't be hard to find.
what can we type to find it? i just tried but found nothing, although i have the files already, it it useful for others who want them :)

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what can we type to find it? i just tried but found nothing, although i have the files already, it it useful for others who want them :)

That's probably riding too close to the line to avoid having a post like that deleted by a mod. Anyone who REALLY wants to find the leak is likely to be diligent enough to keep trying until they find it, at any rate.

I mean, there can't be THIS many closed-beta private testers. I certainly am not one of them. Enjoying OMEGA anyway.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
That's probably riding too close to the line to avoid having a post like that deleted by a mod. Anyone who REALLY wants to find the leak is likely to be diligent enough to keep trying until they find it, at any rate.

I mean, there can't be THIS many closed-beta private testers. I certainly am not one of them. Enjoying OMEGA anyway.
well, are we allowed to post a link to a site that contains a link to a site that contains roms/etc? google can show us pages that contain roms, surely we can link to google.
so i don't see why i couldn't link to a pastebin.com page that has links to the beta files, etc.
regardless, i have the files already, in case gateway don't release the final version for a while, it is nice for others to be able to use it in the mean time :)
it might only be a few days, or it might be a month... :)

JumpingShadow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Since my question has been lost in the flood of the last pages, i'll ask again.

Anybody playing with the rom version of pokemon can tell me if wondertrade/gts works ?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Since my question has been lost in the flood of the last pages, i'll ask again.

Anybody playing with the rom version of pokemon can tell me if wondertrade/gts works ?
no, online does not work with roms, with any flashcart out. evo is supposed to support online though.
maybe GW will add online one day.

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure that's one of the main features of the new firmware, considering you just copy and paste all your saves and ROM's to the Mini SD now.

I meant like RTS on the DSTwo or R4i SDHC Silver RTS Lite, or PSPStates on the PSP and Vita. That would be a nifty feature to have. The only one I really want, besides cheats and a Play Coin mod.

Reactions: cearp

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
I meant like RTS on the DSTwo or R4i SDHC Silver Lite RTS, or PSPStates on the PSP and Vita. That would be a nifty feature to have. The only one I really want, besides cheats and a Play Coin mod.

Oh, yeah no. I don't think we'll have something like that for a looong time... Sounds Awesome, though. Imagine using that with something like Pokemon. Make a trade, revert back to a previous save, keep your shit. :rolleyes:

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I meant like RTS on the DSTwo or R4i SDHC Silver RTS Lite, or PSPStates on the PSP and Vita. That would be a nifty feature to have. The only one I really want, besides cheats and a Play Coin mod.
no, no save states, just saving that works without us having to 'press home and exit the game'

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can attest to the pure and utter fuckery that happens when the game freezes and you haven't exited to the Home screen recently after saving.

I have lost at least 16 hours of rebuilding Norende because the game froze in between booting the game and saving. If that has been fixed, that is a relief.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: im playing fortnite rn and just got rsn over by a car