Hacking ANNOUNCING: GATEWAY 2.0 “OMEGA” PRIVATE BETA

blunt420force

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Seems as though physical saves have to stay with physical, and rom saves with roms. At least in my brief testing.

ah that would make sense,so it seems atleast for now i am unable to transfer my physical save file over to my dumped rom file, oh well no big deal everything else works with no issues. Good work Gateway :bow:

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Hopefully once this is released, we get to see more Japanese roms. I'm still waiting for Exstetra to be dumped but given Japan's banning of flashcarts, I'm crossing my fingers.
well loads of japanese 3ds games are getting dumped now, from china it seems, this morning i dumped a game i had and then saw it was released online only a few minutes later, very funny i thought :)

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying another card. I got a 2GB one to work. So, I am flashing a ROM using Win32 to my 4GB card, then formatting it, then trying one more time.

That worked!

O, Happeh Deh!

cabal_man

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My thoughts:

Painless upgrade procedure, but it isn't clear what ROMs will work and which won't. I made copies of all my physical games and here are the results:

Super Mario World 3DS backup won't load at all. It gets stuck on a 3ds loading screen.
ZALBW works fine
Fire emblem awakening worked fine until the first gameplay screen whereupon all buttons stopped working EXCEPT L and R. When I pressed the homescreen button the console crashed. A second attempt at loading caused a crash after the main title screen.
Pokemon x works fine. not tested online yet Crashes randomly

Seems like this is definitely a BETA and not a finished product being released early in case testers find minor bugs.

Not sure if the problem is with Gateway emulation on the ROM dumper. I downloaded some ROMS of games to see how they played out:

- Ocarina of time 3D - *Testing in progress*
- Star Fox 64 3D - *Testing in progress*
- Mario Kart 7 - Freezes during gameplay

Perhaps I am doing something wrong. I may play around with the formatting of my 16GB exFAT drive. Currently I left the allocation size to default. When I get more time I will flash these games to my 2GB card and see if they work without multiROM....

*Edit* in case anyone wants further comformation my save games created in pokemon X before I updated gateway are still there and working and GTS/Wondertrade and my Eshop are still working OK.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
your sig for your Colors Galery is broken.

on topic...wonder if this will be the end? after all Omega means end. Alpha means beginning
What is with everyone with that statement?
Omega in this case means it's the last beta before releasing the real thing.

Sig is broken, and I will probably delete it, I do not use it anymore

mkdms14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just curious I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but about the DMCA notice is that GBATEMPT receiving the notice and doesn't want legal action taken against it or is it the site that hosts the content? I just trying to understand what is going on. I know that posting links to roms has already been a big no no but now its the software and hardware that runs this stuff now? What of older stuff or does this only apply to Gateway and other possible 3ds stuff?

frameset

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Two quick questions for those of you with the new firmware:

1) Does this let you play ROMs from any region?
2) Does this firmware 2.0 still require you to have 3DS with firmware 4.5 or lower?

alkar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird sometimes I need to recopy roms multiple times (fat32 or exfat doesn't matter) until I finally get over the Fragmentation error

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just found out that holding R while entering Gateway mode causes the Card Update prompt to appear again?The point of this being?

Reactions: cearp

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
I sure hope there isn't a brick code anymore, I'd love to actually use my Gateway now... :unsure:

I think I'll hold out on updating for now, I'm still busy beating Kirby Triple Deluxe on my R4.

Reactions: eobb

joex11

Trophies
XP
Country
San Marino
I read as much as I could, but couldn't find it. Did anyone test gateway omega on another cards?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: We are VR Troopers lol +1