ANNOUNCING: GATEWAY 2.0 “OMEGA” PRIVATE BETA

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Vengenceonu, Mar 28, 2014.

1. sb1

sb1 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2014
    quick ? can i delete back up nand off sd card once i backed it up to pc want to x2 cheak im sure i can but want to make sure

2. retrofan_k

retrofan_k GBAtemp Addict

May 31, 2013
    Belarus
    Caves
    I'm sure with all the leaks of the fw, its gonna piss em off, which may cause future negative consequences

3. enarky

enarky owls?

GBAtemp Patron
    enarky is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 31, 2003
    Afghanistan
    MultiROM? Great! Finally a reason to use my nand backup to downgrade to 4.5 again.

4. lozislove

lozislove Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 26, 2007
    I actually ended up putting two games on without formatting, (it's a new micro sd card.) and that worked fine. Though it was mostly just to test it out, to see if it'd work right away. No problems so far. Trying out Yoshi. :)

5. freejak13

freejak13 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2006
    United States

They expected/wanted this to happen. They pretty much let anyone who asked to join the 'private' beta so....

6. Gabbo04

Gabbo04 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 20, 2014
    Italy

I don't think so, actually the real problem for them is marketing competitors, spreading their FW can just help against this situation.

7. Lightzaver

Lightzaver Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 29, 2014
    kinda asked before, got no response, is region-free working?

8. natkoden

natkoden GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 25, 2006
    Argentina
    Decline of the 3DS commencing in 3..2...1...

9. Skyrider

Skyrider GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2009
    Netherlands
    Yes, you can. Once you've made a copy of your NAND (AND STORED IT MULTIPLE TIMES ON YOUR PC SO YOU ARE SURE YOU ARE NOT LOSING IT!) You can remove it from the card. It would be space-wasting to keep it around on the card.

sb1 likes this.
  10. SteelLord

SteelLord GBAtemp Regular

Sep 2, 2012
    Greece
    codenamed: Ω.. hmm.. i dont try this.. i dont know if this is safe yet.. soo its too risky.. im waiting for original release.. patience..

11. Purple_Shyguy

Purple_Shyguy GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 8, 2008
    Republic of Ireland
    OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE!

OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE!

12. indask8

indask8 New Member Forever

Apr 19, 2007
    France
    Look at the Flag...
    Finally decided to give this a shot... update of the gateway card went fine... but when booting into gateway mode screen went blank and then a lot of multicolor horizontal lines came up on the bottom screen... nothing else... had to force reboot, 3DS still working. :)

Guess it's beta for a reason, or I was just unlucky and managed to trigger the little glitch that will still be here in final on the first try.

13. NakedFaerie

NakedFaerie GBAtemp Fan

Jul 12, 2007
    In the shadows behind you
    AS I have 2 3DS's on the latest firmware when this card is compatible with that is when I get one.
    I would love the multi game backup support but I cant downgrade these consoles so out of luck for now.

14. cearp

cearp 瓜老外

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    i thought the save was supposed to be saved to the micro sd card? but it is still saved to the actual sd card?

15. IronClouds

IronClouds GBAtemp's Pokébro

May 8, 2010
    United States
    Overall, I'm happy with the new firmware. I'm perturbed that the team didn't even acknowledge the existence of bricking code in their b2 firmware. Not surprising, but fucking own up to it!

jagerstaffel likes this.
  16. Enigma Hall

Enigma Hall GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 6, 2013
    Brazil
    Well the guide says to instal from blue again. Are you people sure it´s not a new installer and can prevent bricks?

17. Bimmel

Bimmel ~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~

Jan 28, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Finally! About time that they release something.

My legit copy of Layton VS Ace Attorney works fine with the beta 2.01 - so no need to hurry and update the card.
    I'll let you handle the testing. =)

(And I hope that the whining 'cause of Gateway ends here..)

18. IronClouds

IronClouds GBAtemp's Pokébro

May 8, 2010
    United States
    This is intentional. This way, people who have brand new cards and haven't installed anything will have the complete instructions. They assume that people who have it already know that all they need to do is replace the launcher...

19. Luhof

Luhof Quack qwack I'm a duck.

May 8, 2012
    France
    Montpellier, France
    Wow, Gateway is just like the walking dead : when you start thinking "oh well, nothing interesting happens anymore... maybe I'll just stop watching it", they come up with a brilliant episode and you are hyped. Then repeat.

20. Tranman409

Tranman409 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2006
    Do I still have to go to the home menu screen, close out for games to save?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted