Hacking ANNOUNCING: GATEWAY 2.0 “OMEGA” PRIVATE BETA

crea

Trophies
XP
Country
Lesotho
Yes, they still will. Like I said, you still have to follow directions. Specifically the step where it says to confirm that the firmware version in the emuNAND's system settings shows "GW3D X.X.X-XX" (where X = whatever the firmware version is). This is your confirmation that if you update without exiting the settings, you'll be updating the emuNAND not the sysNAND/realNAND.

Edit: But also keep in mind that exiting the emuNAND's system settings will revert you back to the sysNAND so when you go back into the settings, it won't show the firmware version starting with "GW3D" anymore, so that should alert the end user and they at that point should go back into Gateway mode to do the update.

Oh ok, thanks for clearing that up.
As some others, I want to be extra sure to know and avoid any issues, before tempering with the system.

But I also get your comment now, you would have to be especially careless and not read the directions that come with the firmware update, to do it wrong.

Reactions: IronClouds

josh_axey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Got my e-shop working again! There seems to be issues with Omega where if you make a emuNAND partition with a brand new SD card (rather than using an emuNAND made with a previous version of Gateway) some applications won't work correctly with Firmware 7.1, similar to how it was on 2.0b1 (maybe some code was reverted?). I managed to fix this issue by cloning a 2GB SD which had a working 7.1 emuNAND over a 4GB SD (which originally had the faulty emuNAND made with Omega) and then adjusting the partition table to account for the card size difference.

Was the old emuNAND you used made with 2.0b1 or 2.0b2?

Scope92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got my e-shop working again! There seems to be issues with Omega where if you make a emuNAND partition with a brand new SD card (rather than using an emuNAND made with a previous version of Gateway) some applications won't work correctly with Firmware 7.1, similar to how it was on 2.0b1 (maybe some code was reverted?). I managed to fix this issue by cloning a 2GB SD which had a working 7.1 emuNAND over a 4GB SD (which originally had the faulty emuNAND made with Omega) and then adjusting the partition table to account for the card size difference.

That seems complicated. So you're saying to get a working emuNAND copy of 7.1 before updating the Gateway card?

I've purchased an e-shop game (Dual Destinies) with an emuNAND, but not the latest version though (I think I currently have Firmware 6.XX). How would I go about updating the emuNAND to the latest version with a different card while still being able to play e-shop games I've purchased while running emuNAND?

Lastly, can someone clarify what this means:
After updating the FGPA with the OMEGA Firmware, you cannot downgrade back to 1.2 (Games do not work.) or 2.0 beta 1&2.

Specifically, "Games do not work."

RocketRon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.guru.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok, just a few questions for my own perception:

i'm currently running on gw2.0 b1 ;

- do i have to run the bluecard with the new files on it, again?
- do i have to make a new emunand partition? (if so, how to delete the current?)

Thanks in advance!

linkfx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Was the old emuNAND you used made with 2.0b1 or 2.0b2?
It was made with 2.0b2 and was at the latest firmware (7.1) but 2.0b1 emuNANDs should also be fine provided they were at 6.1 or lower and can be upgraded without issues in the Omega. It's just setting up a brand new emuNAND partition and updating to 7.1 in the Omega that seems to have faulty elements.

Reactions: josh_axey

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Xdqwerty :creep: +1